Parking in France

Franglais:
If it’s a while since you worked here, its still recognisable, but changed from what it was. But everywhere has after all. More places expect steel toe caps and hiviz. Less unlimited wine at the tables. But still a good craick.

Still plenty enough for me though. Another ‘first time’ for me 2 nights ago, Le Triskel on the N12 at Plouagat near Guingamp. Large parking, all tarmaced, a bit like a mini CR to be honest. Happy, smiling, hand shaking welcome, waitress very attentive and prompt with everything. And the food was excellent. Company good too. Price? Kir/repas/cafe €13.60. I’m off to Spain next week, that’s the only way I’ll beat that price. :laughing:

Last night, strangely enough, I parked up only 45 minutes from home, but it was gone 9pm and I hate night driving. I tipped near Sarlat, in the middle of nowhere. A house 100 metres down a steep gravelled path which I nearly didn’t get out of, struggling for grip. Then mad buggers overtaking towards me on blind bends I had had enough by the time I got to Perigueux so dived into Lauriere. Started with the soup, which of course for me means ‘chabrol’ afterwards :wink: , then unlimited entree from the vitrine followed by grilled ham and spag. No shortage of wine there either, just as well, as my 4 companions (who were there before me) called for several refills in the middle of all the mad boss stories, mad driver stories, mad delivery stories and finally the off colour jokes. :laughing: They were still there when I went to the bar for ‘le petit cafe’. :unamused: