Shoot me!

So I passed my class 2 over a month ago and I’ve had to wait until recently to start looking for work because my partner had been away.

I’m a mum to an 8 and 2 year old. So I’m restricted on the hours I can work. I’m looking for Days that start after 8am, Nights where I’d be home by 6am or weekends. And well you guessed it I can’t find anything. It’s so frustrating, I just want to get out there.

I’m pretty close to just giving up, theres got to be something out there for me. Right? :unamused:

Giving your location may let other members give you some ideas :bulb:

Where ?

B62 Halesowen West Midlands

Dreamer223:
B62 Halesowen West Midlands

Have you tried local builders merchants :question:

As above builders merchants tend to do “office hours” so I’d try ringing round.

Nearest builders merchants I can find is chandlersbs.co.uk/
I know its a bit of a way but DPD in oldbury were advertising for afternoon drivers on local collections,
Could try pallet work like DPD do afternoon collections,or if you haven’t already ring an agency (I know I know) tell them what your after see where they say to go and apply direct if you like it.

Hope this helps will post more when I’m home

Hi Dreamer, and well done on the pass!

I, like you, have kid stuff to deal with and was concerned at how to fit my first job in. I needn’t have worried, I got full time work from day one through an agency, it’s 7am start and I’m usually done by five, sometimes earlier sometimes later, but generally fiveish. I’m doing pallet work, which I have to say has given me a fantastic introduction into getting a big truck into ridiculously small places (and out again!) Lots of companies are heavily dependant on agencies which costs them a fortune, so it may be worthwhile actually presenting yourself to depots and telling them what you have to offer them. Reliability is what an employer needs, if you can offer that then I can’t see you having a problem getting started!

Best of luck!

Thanks guys, I’ve done couple of days through an agency but, it’s been quite tricky with childcare and I’m now going through a messy break up too.
I’m originally from wales and that is where all my family is, I’m considering going back there. I’ll then have all the support I need and will be able to work any hours offered to me.

Dreamer223:
Thanks guys, I’ve done couple of days through an agency but, it’s been quite tricky with childcare and I’m now going through a messy break up too.
I’m originally from wales and that is where all my family is, I’m considering going back there. I’ll then have all the support I need and will be able to work any hours offered to me.

Best of luck Dreamer.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Just a quick update, had an interview today at enterprise flex e rent and have been offered a full time job to suit my needs :slight_smile: I start on the 30th

Good luck with the job, if that does not go to plan, recycling and refuse firms may have hours to suit you.
On the website of the DVSA, look for applications/decisions pages that list small to large transport firms with addresses.
In my opinion, don’t call, write to, or email a prospective employer .
They ignore requests for work.
Another option is placing a free advert in the truck magazines specifying exactly what you want.
I got four job offers this way.
Plenty of mult drop pallet depots in West Midlands.