Complete beginner - pros and cons of driving, educate me

Beetlejuice:

ROG:

Beetlejuice:
For the first year you will feel completely deflated .Why?Well you read that the UK has a driver shortage? ,And here you are.It is not true about a shortage of drivers .it is hogwash,Good companies are the rarety believe me …You will pass the tests then face many many rejections .No two years blah blah .no experience blah blah .I’m sure it is all designed to get you down and belittle you into the minimum wages joke that is Trucking.
Good luck pal ,You will need rhinos skin aswell :laughing:

That is not the experience for all especially for those that are more pro-active in finding work such as going to companies early in the morning and giving CVs by hand to the TMs along with work gear in the boot of the car just in case they say we need you now !

Sorry but this is 2017 ,Do you mean more proactice in taking minimum wages ? And that is my experience having had a lot of jobs in my first twelve months .And I am 150% pro active pal.Haulage is a minefield full of tossers

kcrussell25:
So are you saying that you were a new pass who expected to walk straight into one of the better jobs right off? It seems to sound like that to me

Beetlejuice:
I walked straight into a well payed job .And have also worked for a few low payed tossers ,As stated .Your happy on £8.50 o
Ph good lad well done .

Would you please quote my FULL post and highlight where I said I was happy on £8.50?

I said that I was happy on £33,500 and gave an example as how it works both ways with the hours. Today is going to be another 10 hour day so is turning into a good week.

Last week I put in a time sheet with 58 hours (including breaks) for a top line basic of about 645. I openly say I am happy with that. I am a new pass with no experience. They put another driver with me for 2 weeks and as said before I am not chased or hassled. Even if I use it for nothing more than experience the job is good as starts go compared to some.

If you walked into a well paid job why did you leave? If you got through as many jobs as it sounds I do have to wonder if its the jobs or you? “Good lad”