Running commentary of my quest to become an LGV driver

Crazy thing is i gave them the details of four trainers inlcuding yours Pete. Even mentioned about free accommodation, and at the time you were offering free cpc training and test. Then i ended up getting a phone cal from a broker! I expressed my concern with the jobcentre but thay said that’s how the DWP do things. I’m wondering if they do it because they don’t trust us to make the arrangements ourselves and this way they know there is someone making sure it is all organised. I’m sure your right it must add to the cost as to how much i don’t know.

Not something you would want to do if your paying for it yourself but i suppose in cases like mine it doesn’t make a lot of difference although i would have preferred to have more control/say in the process. I’m still on edge wondering if i’ll get a phone call closer to the time telling me it’s been cancelled, etc. It looks like some trainers are working alongside brokers. I suppose if a broker contacted you Pete on behalf of someone who didn’t know any different and was paying for their services out of their own pocket even if you wanted to you probably wouldn’t want to tell the person you are being stiffed. Best you could do is tell them not to make the mistake with class 1.

Suppose it’s easy if anyone has been on here. You know not to use brokers. But how many potential truck dirvers don’t know any different and have never found this site. Shame the trade magazines don’t make it clear in there. Who is going to go through LGV training without flicking through a few magazines first. Wouldn’t be suprised if you look at the adverts in those magazines they are probably promoting the brokers.