Trans Arabia /S. Jones of Aldridge:A few pics

ronhawk:

jsutherland:
We are still waiting Ron!! Looks like the pub visit has gone on for quite a few hours!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well that’s better ,mind you I have a bit of a head ach ,The truck had a Alison semi auto transition air shift on the dash the leaver was attached to a counter dial indicator , The 9th gear had been blanked off for safety as this truck would start to bounce at its top speed with its balloon tyres , having played with the truck in the dunes , It was time to get back on tarmac heading back to Dammam that’s when I almost got in trouble ? The truck took up all of the road and no body could overtake ? ? Passing stacks of parked trucks left and right with the Police waving at me I only had about 2miles To go !!! GCC was just off the first island at the Dammam roundabout ,So I drove on and on taking up all the Rd ! The police where now right up my Rs with there sirens blowing flashing lights the lot , But I just kept going , by now there was traffic in front and I got a bit concerned in case I ran over the car,s in front looking in the rear view mirrors at the chaos. behind me at least 4-5 cop cars , I could see the island pushing up all in front I can get there ? And I did crossing the dual carriageway I made it to the Barrier which was down , I only wished it was on film it was the most hilarious thing that happened to me in my many years in the sand of Saudi .the cops where jumping up and down shouting obscene things in a foreign language , Me no understand? Me no understand I am white man . With a blue shirt on well it was absolutely fantastic , Ron ( all true )

Quite an experience then!! What did they do to you? Just shout at you, of were you taken off to “cool down”?