Reef:

robroy:

Reef:

tachograph:
Looks like the UK are now starting to enforce this rule :unamused:

Good!

Why good ?
It’s a [zb] stupid rule I reckon.
So if you’re weekended you have to leave all your in cab facilities you have provided for your comfort and in theory sleep under the trailer …just to pacify a load of James Hunts who make up rules to justify their existence in their non jobs .
Good my arse .

Good because it seems to be one more step in the right direction of making UK mainland haulage less attractive to the EE companies and also to the shiny arsed company bean counters in our country who are prepared to chuck a few peanuts in their direction to do it. All I want is for UK haulage to be moved around by UK companies and also a pipe dream of UK hauliers moving the majority of the export too, There can’t be many cases of a UK based driver long weekended out in the UK surely? If there is then [zb] that company and [zb] that driver for being stupid enough to agree to do it, I know for a fact I’d never 45hr out in the UK and it’d have to be bloody good money to even consider a reduced 24hr too! And you wonder why the UK haulage industry is [zb]ed!

So yes, Good!
Your arse? ehhh, not so much…

I was going to make a few points to reply, but Truckyboy has said it all for me.

So UK hauliers get all the Euro traffic off the EEs, so what are your views on yourself and me not being able to sleep in our cabs ?
(seperately btw :smiley: )
It might be controversial and selfish, but I don’t really give a flying one if the cheapest haulier, whether EE or not gets work.
That is the nature of the beast of haulage, always has been always will be. :bulb: and usually what goes around comes around I have found in this job over the years.
So I don’t own a fleet of trucks so not my problem.
I’m more concerned about ■■■■ stupid rules and regulations such as this, (no, I no longer do weekenders as I’m UK only) that (could) make my job an even bigger pain in…you guessed it My Arse. :smiley: