Driver’s hours offenders face tougher penalties

I watched the 6pm news last night where a vosa said: Every driver has to take a 45 hour rest every week ( no mention of the reduced your allowed ) and said he should not spend it in the vehicle, every driver should be away from the vehicle.
Then on the 10.00 news was a film of Vosa issuing tickets for trucks parked in laybyes in kent…as many residents has been moaning about the mess left behind…no bins were present in the laybyes…and probably the same numpties who campaigned to stop a new 3000 truck park from being built…Nimby is what they call them. Now that the uk has implemented the no sleeping in your truck for a 45…no overnighting in a laybye ( including a 9/11 rest period…the job is well and truly done for…yet they wonder why theres a shortage of drivers, oldies cant wait to retire, and the youngsters think the job aint worth doing.
Its alright for others to say we want british work for british hauliers…we are all doing the same job…and foreign hauliers will always work in the uk…it aint gonna stop, but i feel sorry for the foreign hauliers/drivers now having no where to park without penalties…£300 fine if you park in a laybye… up to 3000 euro if your found to be taking a 45 in your truck ( dont know the fine in the uk ) and yet we all know there are no hotels anywhere near a truck route, and who is going to pay for that…on the continent the same rules apply so it affects all of us who are on international work…if we were organised, we could have united to stop these medling parasites from bringing in these rules, and at the same time get decent standards for this industry. I for one would love to see a transport stoppage across europe…but we all know that would never happen, but at least we could aske the governments in each country to sort out decent facilities for which to park, with integrated security, as its ok to keep fining drivers, yet not building any new facilities…STOP paying for parking in MSA`s is a start in the right direction.