Driver’s hours offenders face tougher penalties

Neverstress:
I’m afraid that £300 is not enough to stop the hauliers committing these offenses.

A friend of mine was in Sweden the other day and on his way through Denmark he came across a German driver who had been driving on someone else’s card,fine was approximately £18.000,yes 18 grand. Truck was not released until the full payment had gone through and the driver had taken his rest.
I bet it will take that haulier a few days to make that money back…

A danish driver he spoke to said that fines like that wasn’t uncommon,a week earlier they had stopped a polish HGV speeding,driver had installed a device to get around the tachograph.His company had to transfer nearly £30.000,yes 30 grand,to get the truck released and the exact fine would be calculated at a later date.They couldn’t do that so the truck stayed where it was,don’t know what the outcome was…

run a scrap truck…work till you get caught…let them impound the truck and walk away.
works the same way for running on ribena in cars ect…use it til your stopped…its impounded till you pay the 500 standard fine (same day payment) or let them keep it with accruing charges for recovery and storage,walk away and go and buy another runabout…cost effective for some