Crane leg hazard beacons

are they a legal requirement ? . yesterday I tried to lower my legs and they went down 6 inches or so and stopped , the hazard lights and control panel also went blank ■■ I was able to over ride the system and raise the legs again . so as mechanically all seemed ok I assumed there to be a electrical fault. the auto electrician was sent for and after a couple of hours pulling the wiring harness apart he announced that there was no live feed but was unable to trace the fault , so to he wired in a fresh feed and bingo !! all appeared to be working except the flashing hazard beacon on top of the offside leg . my next drop was at a farm off the public highway so I got on with it and defected the light via the on board epod and a written defect note when I got back to the yard . my question is , is this light a legal requirement on the public road (as in if its fitted it must!! be working ) .or it another TP H&S ott bulldropping that vosa or plod wouldnt bother about ? I’m not in work today (funeral) so they will have had 24hrs to sort it by the time I get in tomorrow . thanks

Travis Perkins? Call office, explain situation, and return to depot to have THEIR problem rectified.

It’s time that H&S is used both ways…

Hi, don’t think there required by law to be fitted my 07 plate doesn’t have them.
Not sure about if there fitted they must work.
One of our drivers was pulled into a check point by dvsa and all they looked at for the crane was the leg locks and the grab being strapped.
Duncan

sorted , well sort of,got a battery powered flashing beacon to hang over the leg whilst on tipping public road . atlas are coming out on Monday to sort it . :smiley: