Suicide by truck

Chief Beef:

peterm:

Chief Beef:

peterm:
17 years old and three months after passing my test and driving my dads minor van, a bloke ran into the side of it and scrambled his brains outside of his skull. Took him six days to die. I was exonerated from blame through witness statements, but the only counselling I got was a ratbag copper doing me because the number plate bulb had gone out. It hasn’t affected me and I was straight back in the saddle, but we’re all different and I’m not sure that counselling would have helped me. It’s probably all down to the temperament of the driver involved.

Perfect signature for that post.

:confused: Sorry mate, don’t get it.

Oh well it just seemed to me on first reading that maybe the incident still bothered you on some deep level and that it might be worth addressing. “I’ll fix that later” kinda sums up an attitude to trauma people often have, usually in tough jobs, armed forces etc. and then it maybe causes them problems later in life. All I’m saying is nobody’s a ■■■■■ for getting something straightened out in their head. I know a lot of people today have meltdowns when their pumpkin spiced latte is made with full fat rather than skimmed but seriously if you’re still thinking about something in the past, then maybe you haven’t come to terms with it. Some people it just eats away at, some it breaks.

Now I see what you’re getting at, but it just doesn’t bother me. It is something that I could never forget, but it only comes to mind in a thread like this. Maybe if it had been at least partly my fault, I could have gone through the mill, but who knows. I just consider meself lucky that there’s no after effects.