Speeding up when being overtaken

robroy:

cheersdrive:
Lorry drivers are now as crap at driving as car drivers, .

Yeh exactly, and those that are, ARE actually car drivers that have managed to get a Class 1, …nothing more.

They have no concept of the fact that you HAVE to adapt your driving style between a car and a truck, so they do actually drive their truck like a car.
Which is easy, because driving a modern truck is like a car. :bulb:

As I said, they now can (and do) get through the skill net, unlike the old days when there was a world of difference between a truck and a car.

At that time these pathetic type arse wipes would not get past the first couple of days of learning.

Btw…No, I don’t think we should all go back to Atkinsons with DB gearboxes either… before anybody jumps in :unamused: .

The way things have declined with some drivers I think lies in the training.
Bearing in mind these cretins are actually in charge of 44 tonnes at 56 mph :open_mouth: with all the potential carnage that can bring, I reckon a theory course covering empathy with other drivers, courtesy on the road in general, and general stuff like the subject of the o/p, not forgetting my favourite…Etiquette while overtaking other trucks/understanding the length of your truck/space awareness.

At least this would be a road in, to getting back some values with drivers, to make them better at their jobs.

Job sorted by Rob…your’e welcome. :sunglasses: :laughing:

^ This.

But you can break that down further into a ‘certain type’ of borderline mentally deranged car driver.In which case if it looks like it’s all about them driving around everywhere with the deliberate intention of being road captains and using blocking tactics at every opportunity,often as part of a bigger road rage agenda going on their heads,then it probably is.The issue of them intentionally varying their speed along those lines not just being limited to accelerating while being over taken.

These are the same nutter zb’s who’ll slow down or speed up depending on whether they want to block traffic trying to overtake,or block traffic trying to merge from an entry slip,or deliberately close down lanes by lane hogging and then deliberately matching the speed of traffic needing to make a lane change to overtake.Or deliberately use their right hand indicator to go straight on and/or accelerating to silly speeds on roundabouts,or stopping for absolutely no reason when entering,all to make traffic stop that could otherwise enter roundabouts without a problem.The list is endless and it’s no co incidence and has nothing to do with ‘eco roll’ or auto boxes.These zb’s need to be nicked and taken off the roads using unmarked law cars to catch them. :imp:

Although having said that you won’t fix the problem of the worst car drivers getting access to HGV’s by wanting to continue to make trucks as easy to drive as cars.In which case what’s wrong with a decent Fuller box at least which ironically is actually easier to shift than the best manual car type box ‘if’ anyone knows how to drive. :confused: