UK Truck Net as a whole

Tgtrucker:

Nashville:
So much for drivers sticking together trying to make a difference joining together and making a stand for us.

Nashville, truck drivers have never stuck together. While some are genuinely helpful and understanding of those with less experience, you have always had the ‘look at me, I’m better than you’ type both in reality and here in this fantasy RDC game.
You have to think of this forum as a giant RDC drivers waiting room, but where as in an actual RDC people tone down what they say for fear of being thought a [zb], or walloped if they say the wrong thing to the wrong person, on here they can say what they like with impunity because they’re just another faceless, nameless cockwomble.

Even some of the more tame threads on here would result in bloodshed if they were conducted face to face.

You need to learn to drop in on a conversation, see if it holds any interest or if it’s being taken over by the egotistical ‘I must have my opinion heard’ types, and then if so go back to something more interesting, like watching paint dry, until they’ve got bored and realised no one is listening to them any more.

It doesn’t take a genius to work out who on here is of interest, who is genuinely helpful, and who just loves themselves and the sound of their own voice (or the sound of tappety tap on their keyboard) too much. You wouldn’t stand and listen to them wittering on face to face, so just ignore them here too.

To add my two quids worth to that…
I don’t know which category people put me in out of those, and I aint too bothered either, if I’m honest.

I have a few forum ‘mates’ on here and also one or two I would not ■■■■ on if they were alight, so not aiming my sights too high on the Trucknet popularity front. :smiley:

What I do try to do on here is just be straight, speak my mind, and not be too bothered offending those who deserve it.
I have a rule that goes along the lines of…If I would not say this to a guy in a pub in conversation, I will not say it on here. :bulb: and it works ok for me…sometimes. :smiley:
After saying that I’ve had a few ‘hairy moments’ in pubs before now, so maybe there’s a flaw in my system. :laughing: