Speeding up when being overtaken

bald bloke:

the maoster:

bald bloke:
Eco roll is to blame for some of this.

Very much this ^^^ if I’m using the ppc function on the Actros I drive I watch my mirrors like a hawk as the computer will cut the power and let you lose 4 mph because it knows there’s a downhill section coming that your inertia will carry you over.

I watch the mirrors because if there’s a lorry close behind me I can easily intervene with the throttle pedal and maintain the same speed I was doing when said lorry caught me.

I also only let it go downhill when I haven’t got another lorry overtaking me, if there is one I’ll use the exhaust brake to keep it bang on the 86kph that I set the cruise at. Simple really, and saves animosity between drivers.

That’s the same sort of thing I’d do but unfortunately there’s a group of drivers who gotta get ASAP regardless… !

Or shock horror I’ll override eco roll by putting it in manual to keep speed more constant :open_mouth:

One of my colleagues explained this all to me and said I should use common sense.
Ive been through all the menus on my dash display but cant find the common sense function anywhere. Any suggestions?