Speeding up when being overtaken

cheersdrive:
Lorry drivers are now as crap at driving as car drivers, .

Yeh exactly, and those that are, ARE actually car drivers that have managed to get a Class 1, …nothing more.

They have no concept of the fact that you HAVE to adapt your driving style between a car and a truck, so they do actually drive their truck like a car.
Which is easy, because driving a modern truck is like a car. :bulb:

As I said, they now can (and do) get through the skill net, unlike the old days when there was a world of difference between a truck and a car.

At that time these pathetic type arse wipes would not get past the first couple of days of learning.

Btw…No, I don’t think we should all go back to Atkinsons with DB gearboxes either… before anybody jumps in :unamused: .

The way things have declined with some drivers I think lies in the training.
Bearing in mind these cretins are actually in charge of 44 tonnes at 56 mph :open_mouth: with all the potential carnage that can bring, I reckon a theory course covering empathy with other drivers, courtesy on the road in general, and general stuff like the subject of the o/p, not forgetting my favourite…Etiquette while overtaking other trucks/understanding the length of your truck/space awareness.

At least this would be a road in, to getting back some values with drivers, to make them better at their jobs.

Job sorted by Rob…your’e welcome. :sunglasses: :laughing: