Scania Engines

muckles:
Did you get a quote for a 500 highline or topline, and can you actually stand up in a highline?

No doubt the new Scania is a great truck, the reviews seem to say it pretty good, but I think you’re trying to justify a new Scania and will manipulate the figures to make it look feasible. As you want to run a fleet, put those figures in with a full-time drivers wages, expenses and a bit of profit.

When you were an employed driver did you only want to work for somebody who had Scania’s or did you look for decent employers who paid and treated you properly, I know what I’d be looking for and I know what many other good drivers would be looking for?
One of the places I’ve been working has had a few T Ranges on hire, despite some initial scepticism from those that drove them they actually quite liked them by the time they returned from the trips, the only complaint was lack of storage, but then they were basic hire/fleet spec without a top bunk or rear lockers.
I would have thought anybody who took a job because they were driving a Scania would be expecting a V8 and plenty of bling and would leave you like a shot as soon as somebody else had a better Scania for them to drive.

Why are you thinking of buying a new truck, instead of leasing it?
And what’s wrong with a new T range on lease and R&M?
Must be cheaper, money you can use to build the business or as a buffer for the unexpected, something you’ve already experienced.

They don’t do a topline anymore. Three roof heights, the flat roof, the ‘Normal’ and the Highline as the top of the range.

At the moment I am trying to find the right spec of Scania. Then I can make a straight comparison of Dimond vs Griffin. As a blind test I will also be presenting the numbers to a family member who is a business manager but who knows little of trucks. It will be a simple truck A vs truck B, which would you go for question. Only if it’s very tight will the heart be allowed to sway.

I’ve long been a fan of the T-Range, in fact I used to be a bit partial to the premium. I think of it as a very guilty pleasure. The Ultimate top bunk sorts out the rear wall storage problem a bit.

When I say buy I mean acquire. I always intended to acquire on a lease, its a lot easier to keep current on emissions etc if you don’t own the thing outright. If you own outright there is always the temptation to stick with it because the truck ‘owes you nothing’ or the problem of getting ready for a change then the damned thing breaking down on you and upsetting the fiscal apple cart.