How to check AdBlue level on a Scania?

sorry I am totally new back into driving, I drove 25 years ago and there was no AdBlue back then, fast forward now I have done some shifts with Royal Mail 18 months ago but this check was done and I didn’t have to blah blah and it was DAFs cabs

I was driving a Scania last night and between not being behind the wheel for long and never driven a scania I did not get round to check the AdBlue level and it’s on my mind for tonight’s shift…

how do I check it? is there a gauge somewhere, does the AdBlue tank have something like it…do I go into a ‘menu’ on the dashboard to bring it up?

sorry if this is really a bad/stupid question, thanks

The last scanny I drove (couple of weeks ago) didn’t have adblue, I drove one with adblue a couple of years back, and you checked that on the dash, but I’ll be phuqed if I remember how I did it. I know it was a simple couple of button presses. I’m sure someone will put you straight soon :slight_smile:

It’s in the dash menus mate, I have a 2016 p series. I’d imagine it’s similar across the range, use the buttons on right of the steering wheel, press to the right sonyour looking at air gauge then press down all the way until you see reductant level. You can also do the same but press up once from air gauge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ben.blakemore:
It’s in the dash menus mate, I have a 2016 p series. I’d imagine it’s similar across the range, use the buttons on right of the steering wheel, press to the right sonyour looking at air gauge then press down all the way until you see reductant level. You can also do the same but press up once from air gauge

Thank you!!!

And the bonnet release is tucked away where the drivers door hinges are, should you need it. I had a right fun time scratching my head looking for that. You have got some leeway with the adblue, it seems to last forever on scannies :wink:

A lot of Scania trucks with AdBlue will have the level displayed top and centre of the dash screen. It has a small ‘fuel pump’ symbol with AdBlue written below and a green level bar next to it.

paulweller84:
A lot of Scania trucks with AdBlue will have the level displayed top and centre of the dash screen. It has a small ‘fuel pump’ symbol with AdBlue written below and a green level bar next to it.

You can set this up via the menu, look for “programmable field”

1968kg:
You can set this up via the menu, look for “programmable field”

Correct [emoji106]

paulweller84:

yes you’re right, and I had mistaken the green bar to be the amount of DIESEL I had in there only to have HUGE FLASHING YELLOW warning lights telling me I had no diesel left in tank when I was 30 miles away from my destination (and no fuel card in lorry LOL) :laughing: :laughing:
oh well, part of being a newbie again I guess :unamused:

jbaz73:
And the bonnet release is tucked away where the drivers door hinges are, should you need it. I had a right fun time scratching my head looking for that. You have got some leeway with the adblue, it seems to last forever on scannies :wink:

thank you for that jbaz73, I am sure I would have gone ‘nuts’ looking for it too, now thanks to you I will look like I know what I am doing :sunglasses:

nobodysdriving:

jbaz73:

thank you for that jbaz73, I am sure I would have gone ‘nuts’ looking for it too, now thanks to you I will look like I know what I am doing :sunglasses:

No problem mate, it’s a long lever in the door jamb. If you get an automatic, they are pretty nice to drive… unless you get one of those crap as ■■■■ opticruises! An auto with a clutch pedal, I hate the bloody things, won’t go when you need them to, stalls and wheel spins :frowning: they are bloody abominations! Good luck if you get one, there’s nothing I can say that will help you, it’s just practice :wink:

jbaz73:
And the bonnet release is tucked away where the drivers door hinges are,

I was given a Scania last week and had to come on here to find this info out :grimacing:

But yeah the AdBlue is in the computer on the right hand side of the steering wheel. Does anyone know if you can check the oil level on the computer or is it just the old fashioned dipstick method ?

Dipstick mate

ben.blakemore:
Dipstick mate

That’s correct, at least with the ones I’ve come across.