Knee Replacement....

Norfolkinclue1:
So due to a very serious accident in my youth I suffered some pretty massive injuries. One of those was a displaced and fractured knee with serious ligament and muscle damage, it was also pinned to a rod that ran through my thigh bone as that fractured too.
I was warned back then in the early nineties that I would suffer in later life, maybe from wear and tear but also from possible arthritis. This year is the first year where the discomfort and pain has gone into the warm weather so I may be looking at an op to replace it, I would rather act now than later and go private like I did with my disc in my back a few years ago.
I have great cover from work, 9 months full pay etc and I’m not worried about the op but I was wondering if anyone on here in their “ahem” mature years has had the op and how it affected work. It’s my left leg so can be less used whilst driving.
Any experience will help.
Also sarcasm as I expect…

I have a mate who has had both knees ‘done’ in the last year, he was back to work within 12 weeks after each ‘op’. He is 70years old, but the daft bat won’t give up working. His surgeon is amazed at his recovery, so go ahead and get the job done. Good luck. Regards Kev.