Knee Replacement....

I had both knees replaced eight years ago, two years before I retired. I was bothered about having it done at first, but it actually turned out to be the best thing I have ever done!
I was off work and not allowed to drive for six weeks and the only advice I can offer is exactly what my surgeon told me - “I can give you the tackle - it’s up to you what you do with it!” Go to the physiotherapy offered, do exactly what they tell you, and then do a bit more. If they tell you to do 10 stand-ups, then do 15. If they tell you to lift a weight on your foot 20 times, then do 25. Push it 'til it hurts, and then push just a little more. The physio sessions last for six weeks but I was discharged from both in less than three as they could do no more for me! A couple of friends who have had the op have followed this and are doing brilliantly. A friend of my wife who ‘couldn’t possibly attend these sessions’ is in more pain now than she was before she had the op five years ago.

The only downside is that, as I now spend quite a lot of time in Spain, the metal detector at East Midlands Airport goes berserk and they treat me like some international terrorist!

Hope you find this helpful

Steve