Latest news and offers from Peter Smythe Transport Training

Hi, I’m new on here been meaning to get my hgv for a while now, finally started on the process. I’m going to be doing my class 2 locally as its more convenient for me but I definately want to do my class 1 with you.

I would appreciate your advice on my plans. I’m going to do class 2 as two full days and a half day but I want to take them with a time lag inbetween. My reasoning is that without the stress of a test at the end I’m more likely to take on board the training from the instructor. Plus the cost is a lot up front as well. So I’m wondering if there is a maximum gap I should not exceed due to the risk of losing too much between sessions?

When I get around to doing class 1 I would like to proceed in the same manner. One full day, no test. This at the very least will give me an idea if driving an artic is for me. If it’s not then I haven’t signed up to a full course with more expense. If I find it okay then after a gap i’ll do another full day, no test. If the instructor thinks I’m ready then I can do a half day with test unless I fancy (and can afford) another full day with test which could involved additional training, reversing for example.

Now regarding class 1 would this carry any entitlements to the discounts, special offers, etc… because technically it could be argued I’m not booking a regular course.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.