Cyclists colliding with other traffic

Winseer:
If getting the message across - saves even just a single life - then it’s worth having such warnings surely?

Bugger “Political Correctness.” Get the wisdom into general circulation then!

Not really my argument (I wouldn’t go anywhere near a busy city on my bike). But from what I hear and I am not without sympathy for their argument; Many of the signs appearing on the back of lorries seem to be on the lines of ‘You Must Not’ many seem to imply that it is illegal to cycle up the inside. If these signs become widespread and common it won’t be long before your average driver (of all types of vehicles) will start to think it is the law, and some nutters may think if the cyclists are breaking the law it becomes OK to knock them off. Meanwhile city planners are designing the roads for cyclists to undertake everyone - the situation is a complete mess and nobody seems to have a solution.

I can’t really make my mind up on the subject, clearly we can’t have home made laws no matter how well intentioned, but then making people think about the immense danger they are putting themselves in seems a very good idea.