An email to the agency

toby1234abc:
Harry, i worked for a few agencies, and they would get my pay wrong, when i rang to the pay roll, i was given all the excuses under the sun of
" She is off work today."
“She has nipped out to the bank .”
I was told it was up to drivers to check their hours and pay, and in my opinion, they rely on drivers not checking to make a lot of money.
If an agency has 100 or more drivers on their books, and took the £ 25 that you mention, that is a lot of money .

It’s exploitation by the back door. This is a big reason why the powers that be dont want brexit. A flood of cheap labour means they can try this ■■■■ on and getaway with it. I wouldnt be surprised if half the ■■■■■■■ country works through an agency now.

If you kick up a fuss you will no doubt get what you are owed as what they are doing is illegal but it will all be done long before REC have the chance to get the agency in court. You will be hard pressed to find evidence of any agency appearing in court on such matters. But here’s the thing, you are then quietly offered no more work. No rules broken. There are plenty of others out there who will just accept it so no harm done from the agencies position.

If you don’t say owt, perfect… you’re their type of client and you can look forward to missing wages and reduced overtime rates from what you were promised.

The whole thing stinks and needs reform. Good luck with that though.