Work other company on days off

truckyboy:
Employers can control who else you wish to work for, they hold your P45, they pay into your pension, NI etc…and they are responsible for the hours you work…which is why many will not like it if you want to moonlight, at the end of a period your card will be down loaded, and then the [zb] will hit the fan…some drivers are in my eyes unbelievable…we had one here a while back asking if he can work his holidays for someone else, after getting his holiday pay…and the company refusing to allow him to work for them during this period…he opted to work for an agency…seems to me the government did it all wrong by giving employees the right to a 4 week holiday per year…when all they want to do is work it…must be in a [zb] load of debt to want to do that.

What I do in my own time is my business. If my employer doesn’t like that, he’s not going to be my employer very long.
Your argument holds no validity. The employer pays tax and N.I. contributions on the wages you have earned when working for them. Not on wages you may have earned elsewhere. If I exceed my legal hours, by working elsewhere, that does not affect another employer.

What’s next? No heavy gardening or diy jobs around the house? No moving a friend or family member? Not allowed to drink when at home? Not allowed to smoke?
And what’s with being allowed to drive to and from work, even if you do 9 or 10 hours driving?

:unamused: