An email to the agency

Dear Encore Personnel,

I had been booked to work for Robinson’s of Worcester at Cemex, Rugby until Friday this week, however my wages which were due to be paid last Friday have still not been paid into my bank account today and so, as previously advised, I will not be attending work tomorrow or for the rest of the week.

I have numerous concerns about your operative with whom I spoke today, particularly about his transparent dishonesty, which does not reflect well on your company.

Firstly, he told me that my timesheet had not been received by your cutoff time. I sent this three times before your deadline because of previous issues with you receiving it. As you can see from my email address, I use a professional business email server, and am always advised if any email fails to reach the intended recipient. All three emails arrived at your email server. Since it it highly unlikely that your server did not then forward them to you, the only inference which can be reasonably drawn is that they have been lost or deleted while in your control.

Secondly, the operative told me that although my wages could be paid today, this would be by the Faster Payments System (FPS), and that there would be a £25 charge levied by the bank for this service. This is complete nonsense, I have transferred tens of thousands of pounds using FPS and there is no charge whatsoever for this service. I was then told by text (which I have saved) that there is a deadline for BACS transfers and that if this is exceeded then a charge is made. When I ran my own transport company, I paid my own employees by BACS transfer, so again I can advise that your operative was simply telling a complete and total pack of lies.

Finally, and most bizarrely, he told me in another text, which again I have retained, that FPS is only available up to 11:00 on Monday mornings and that if I did not choose this option, and pay the fee, then there would be no possibility of payment being made before Friday.

I would strongly advise that you reconsider this person’s position with your company.

I advised him by text at 11:03:09 as follows- “OK I will wait until Friday, will take the rest of the week off and speak to you then”. I received no reply to this. Prior to this, I had confirmed to him verbally what I stated in my email on Friday, that if my outstanding wages were not paid today I would do no further work.

Any relationship between an employer and employee has to be based on mutual trust. I consider Encore Personnel to be a dishonest and untrustworthy employer, and will not be carrying out any further assignments for you. Please forward my P45, along with all outstanding payslips to my home address, and kindly do not contact me again.

Yours Faithfully,

Harry Monk

All and any comments welcome, either about this agency or any other. I know the brown ■■■■■ matter will hit the oscillating metal object sometime while I am having a lay-in tomorrow and I’ll re-post any emails I receive as and when I get them.

Well done that man. Big pat on the back.

Well done HM. I have had dealings with agencies on the other end and they also treat their clients with lies and disrespect so I don’t use them either.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Assuming the agency’s higher ups care I wouldn’t want to be that operative in the morning.

Hope they’re not all crooks and you get what you’re owed.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

cc your local MP in would be my advice. The agency ombudsman as well.

Nothing will get a crooked rec. consultant moving quicker than the threat of taking it further.

Unfortunately then expect the phone to fall silent from them.

Exploitation in 2017 Britain… fantastic isn’t it. Plenty of EE drivers to take your place who will not be as ‘troublesome’ as you.

This is how it works, they push until they know what they can get away with.

You can quote them this…

“Powered by highly motivated, friendly and can do people, we understand your requirements, whether you’re a candidate or client.”

It comes from their own website.

Don’t bother with the REC, it’s nothing more than an agency boys club that will not get involved with personal disputes.

Start a moneyclaim online immediately.

If and when you get your dosh, move on and try and find another bunch of parasites who might pay you on time.

i wasnt surprised when an agency operative was shot some years ago in wales

Maybe think about a phone call to the local press as well.

Harry Monk:
All and any comments welcome, either about this agency or any other. I know the brown faecal matter will hit the oscillating metal object sometime while I am having a lay-in tomorrow and I’ll re-post any emails I receive as and when I get them.

Well done. I find Jark ok but one thing bound to irk me is Agencies not paying at all or under paying. With one exception I have got Agencies to pay up and on occasions they have paid more than I claimed.

The sharp operators i.e clients tend to be the Express Parcel outfits or those that deal in that kind of traffic.

My blacklist include APC, Arrow XL, Yodel and for different reasons Nagel-Langdon. My response to these sharks is “I don’t steal things from you, so why steal wages from me?”

Well done that man. If we all did the same as him they wouldn’t be so quick as to ■■■■ people about.

I think that CC to Robinsons of Worcester and Cemex Rugby might get the ball rolling.

Nice one 'arry. Don’t let the buggers off the hook. I had similar with a full time employer over here; kicked up a fuss and he ended up paying me a lot more than he should have done in the first place.

SuperMultiBlue:
cc your local MP in would be my advice. The agency ombudsman as well.

Nothing will get a crooked rec. consultant moving quicker than the threat of taking it further.

Unfortunately then expect the phone to fall silent from them.

Exploitation in 2017 Britain… fantastic isn’t it. Plenty of EE drivers to take your place who will not be as ‘troublesome’ as you.

This is how it works, they push until they know what they can get away with.

The EEs not “troublesome” ?..have you ever seen one of them when their money isn’t correct ?

The Derby office of “not so Smart Recruitment” was smashed to pieces by a very irate Pole last year IIRC :open_mouth:

cav551:
I think that CC to Robinsons of Worcester and Cemex Rugby might get the ball rolling.

Cemex might care, Robinsons definitely won’t!

That companies both client and agency “Try it on” as much as they do - reflects more upon the general lack of “making waves” people they get on their books… If everyone objected and kicked up a stink to their practices all the time - then they’d dare not try it on. Alas, as with the Newspapers though - What they end up paying out to sporadic claimants - is more than made up for by those people who’ve not got the time to make trouble, and “let it go” when a single weeks’ work is unpaid.

It’s a crying shame that “Modern Management” in all lines of businesses is actually “Staff Game Theorist” (i.e. who can “play” the staff the best to get the most out of them for the least amount of pay) and of course plain and simple “Politicians” who are expected to lie all the time - to motivate people to do stuff they wouldn’t be doing otherwise.

“Hey John, Bloggs & Son have asked for you yet again by name this week. Tell you what: Because it’s bank holiday weekend, I’ll bung you an extra £50 if you agree to take on this Saturday PM shift at Mr Killem’s Farm again. I know you don’t like it and all, but hey - that’s a potential flat shift +£50 for a job I’m sure won’t take you more than five minutes when you get there”

Turns up at Farm for 17:30 start on saturday, end up being booked off at the 8 hour mark Sunday 02:30am, spending an impromptu night out, and then doing a 15 hour shift following a full 15 hours off starting 17:30 sunday, running well into BH monday…

Pay slip arrives a week later… 8x£10ph, £50 bonus paid. Total: £130.

Then they wonder why we don’t want to work there again.

DonutUK:

cav551:

Neither will care, the agency will send another driver and the world will carry on turning, storm in a teacup.

Well done Harry, tell them how you feel and straight to the point…I am surprised the company you were assigned to, never phoned to ask Wheres my driver today which would have got the ball rolling and a prompt phone call to ask : Why are you not at work today obviously they dont give a ■■■■.
My wife works for an agency, has a similar problem, has to get the work docket signed, then has to email the dockets by a certain time, when they know full well she turned up for work, its the agencies who should be doing the run around, not the clients in the first place…i have never worked for an agency since the 60`s, and since reading about how they treat their clients is abysmal, and a good reason for me not to work for them, on saying that, many companies use agencies , and so the work is restricted, and many have no choice but to use them…but If drivers treated them like you have, then maybe they will change their attitudes…keep us informed harry as to their responses, if indeed they do.

Ok…

This won’t improve your popularity at Encore but I don’t spose you’re overly concerned about that.

You have an absolute right to be paid in cash if you so choose. All that flim flam about BACS etc can be written off by demanding yer wedge in cash.

This thread should be pinned…

del trotter:

DonutUK:

cav551:

Neither will care, the agency will send another driver and the world will carry on turning, storm in a teacup.

Alas this comment pretty much sums up how they’ll deal with it

That’s what I thought too
if and when Harry gets paid by the agency and the matter is settled I suspect the agy won’t be calling Harry again offering him work, as has been the case from my own experiences in such matters.