Warning ! TMS Group

Possession is nine tenths of the law.

I won’t work for anyone who’s address I don’t know.

In case there is a threat of one of these shysters being on the verge of moving house/leaving the country - then that can also be checked out with a quick click around the Zoopla and other similar sites, that will reveal “about to be sold” properties (STC) regardless of there being a “Sold” board outside or not.

It is the ability to remain anonymous and disappear that emboldens today’s breed of Crooks.

No one should be working “in hand” for any firm where you don’t know where they are for any come-backs - period.

When working for the smaller private yards on agency, I used to be given the occasional vehicle that was on fumes at my taking it over.
I’d be given a domestic run, and told “don’t worry about filling it up mate”. Presumably the last dozen or so users were told the same, hence why it is at the top of the red on the fuel gauge now.
I’d insist on taking the company card out though, and I’d tell them that “as I’m on 8 hours minimum pay here, and this run won’t take me more than six, I’ll fuel it up for you at whatever forecourt you tell me on the way back”. If they decline, or don’t ask me back - I know where I stand before I get into any hot water that way eh? :wink: