Lmia

Pat Hasler:

Big Truck:
If you on near £40k/yr in UK and don’t hate your job/lifestyle I’d be doing a HELLUVA research before moving to ANYWHERE unless its that beach spot in Mauritius to retire!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Exactly. From what I have seen 40k is a good wage in the UK, I see lots of posts on here where guys earn far less, pay over there has really deteriorated over the last 17 years but 40k in the UK nothing to complain about. Taking current exchange rates into account I make the equivalent of 65 to 70K in the UK and I really struggle to make ends meet here, admittedly we have a large house with half and acre of land and a swimming pool etc but every week is tough trying to budget. Unlike most driving jobs in Canada I get home every Friday afternoon and don’t start again until mostly Monday mornings with the occasional Sunday evening start and I get home one or two nights a week. If you are serious about looking for driving jobs in Canada find something with an expected wage of over $100K a year … Good luck with that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Deffo not for new starts/immigrants but once free of the shackles you can earn that money Pat , not on general and that’s been my point . Sit on your arse moaning about pay hauling dry vans ,or, go to the oil patch (still recruiting), car hauling , hazmat ,tankers as you well know, all these and more demand a premium . I was recently in Edmonton which is our HO for Western Canada , fairly certain one third of the drivers based there are Brits , just don’t see too many of them whining on here for some reason :wink: