Lmia

Right, so, lets take a look at your post Marty:

1. “Hkloss you need to wind your neck in, if your not happy with your found results then back off and leave these sites, you clearly haven’t spoke to happy drivers only the usual drivers airing their souls cos they can’t be arsed making something of themselves and only ppl like you take them at their word”

Marty, I have to say you are on the right path to becoming one of the most “respected” drivers/posters on this board.
You have clearly learn throughout your life that that sucking c o x pay, paying complements to the right posters, and siding with them, no matter if they are wrong or wright, and putting others that swim against the tide in their place, it can earn you some brownie points on here. That is commendable.

But, on the other hand, if you were a little smarter, you would know that free discussions, exchange of views, and ideas, disagreements, proving others were wrong, and defending your views until proven otherwise, is what allowed us, to live in a relatively free and rich society, otherwise we would still be thinking the earth is flat, and so on…

Ever thought of being politician, Marty? You display the right qualities, and you don’t need to be particularly smart, and the pay is good, surely more than your £40K.

Now, as to backing off and leaving this site.
Isn’t this site supposed to be helpful to drivers contemplating moving overseas?
Aren’t drivers allowed to ask questions in here, and freely discuss issues, they are concerned about?
To put your mind at ease, Marty, I have spoken to many drivers, some that used to post on this board, and I am very grateful they have provided me with all the info I needed, because if I was relying on what has been posted on these main boards I wouldn’t be any wiser.

1. “if you truly wanted to move to Canada you’d have taken that step during your 3 yr research”

What for, Marty?
What exactly do you think I could learn from my 1 or, or even 4 week trip to Canada?
How exactly do you suggest, I could go about finding out what I wanted to learn?
I know what all the usual suspects, that have to import drivers from overseas offer, how would I go about finding out what to expect after I got my PR?
Would you suggest me to spent my days walking around truck stops in the evening/night asking various drivers of what work/pay conditions they are on?
Are you maybe suggesting, I should be visiting other transport companies, walking in the office and , perhaps saying, “ello mate, I’m from the UK, and planning to emigrate to Canada, so if things go very well for me, in about 3-4 years time after getting a job in Canada I would be getting my PR, and then I would be looking for a proper job. What pay/working conditions do you offer your drivers, as I might be tempted to work for you, if conditions are right”

Guess Marty, what type of replies would I be getting.
You don’t need to be particularly smart to figure this one out.
These days we have internet, YT, truck driver forums where you could ask clearly defined questions and hopefully you should be getting, clear and concise answers to your questions, no need going thousands of miles, to ask these questions.
If you , Marty, think, you could do better, by going for a recce trip to Canada, you are free to do as you wish.

1. “working for stobart is not the top of the tree by far so comparing your job to those in Canada is a bit of a moo point Canada is a vast continent with thousands of drivers”

I’m not working for Stobart, never did and never will.

1. " iv had pm from drivers who have given me more information and advice probably because I’m not ranting about something I have no experience of"

Marty, there is a challenge right here for you, I challenge you to go through my past posts and find posts that I had been disrespectful towards other posters on here and that I have “basically been ranting about something I have no experience of”. Go on , Marty, prove you were not talking from your rear side.

If you have some info that could be useful for others, thinking about Canada, it would be good if you could share it on here, with us, especially numbers based on facts, as numbers are in very short supply on here.

1. “Canadian truckers who are experiencing it for themselves, so I’d appreciate you not clogging up this forum with your sour opinions and let the guys who know speak about their valued opinions, thank you!”

If you knew me from the past posts on here, and my “unacceptable” ranting, why didn’t you indicate in your opening post, you didn’t want to hear anything from me, it would have made life easier for both of us, and others as well.

My opinions, are not sour, Marty, they indicate what a new emigrant to Canada, a driver, can experience in his first years of working there, and what’s there after a driver gets his PR, you need to grow a backbone Marty, and stop sucking up to those that want to keep you in check on this board, if you want to get anywhere, and get reliable, verified by others, opinions, and facts.

As I said, Marty, I might be wrong with some of my findings, so let us know what you have learned, and who knows, you might be able to convince me and others, we have wrong info about the job in Canada.

One more question Marty, what terms and conditions were you offered when you called H&R and Walters?

As someone mentioned here earlier your best bet is Agri-tel, or Bulk Carriers based in PEI, if you don’t mind which province you end up in, if you are that desperate to go anyway.