Dangerous goods advice- UK regs and ADR

I am a freelance ADR instructor and Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (DGSA)

That means that I’m not tied to any particular training provider.

A DGSA is a person, who has passed further ADR related exams, where full legal references are required for the exam answers, and is effectively a consultant in the transporting of dangerous goods.

Having read the above, I’m sure you can appreciate that I need to earn a living. My work takes me all over the country; therefore I’m not always at home every evening, and so don’t always have internet access. Please don’t think me ignorant if you don’t get an immediate answer. As some of you will already know, most ADR courses take place over a 5-day period. It might be that you don’t get an answer for several days. I DO NOT SIT AT MY COMPUTER 24/7

When you ask a question, please do your best to include as much relevant detail as possible. Things like: the UN number, the name of the stuff, its UN class number and its packing group or ADR transport category. Whether it’s in packages or a tanker, and whether it’s a UK or international journey. Also please be prepared that I might need to ask you a question or two, before I can give you an accurate answer. ANSWERS ARE ONLY STRAIGHTFORWARD WHEN YOU’VE ASKED A GOOD QUESTION.

Please post questions through the forum, rather than by PM. Hopefully, this will save me answering the same questions more than once, because other people will be able to see the questions and answers. You don’t have to pay for the advice you receive, nor do I get paid for giving it. I freely give my advice to hopefully save you from getting nicked- please remember that. MUTUAL RESPECT PLEASE.