LGV and HGV Driver Shortage Could Be Resolved

kjw21:
“An RHA luncheon…” FFS

If they haven’t got a clue as to why they haven’t got drivers the real question that beggars belief is just how stupid are these RHA members. Either that or not a single one of them are actually self confident enough to stand on their own and say it’s because they are failing in their positions.

People will argue they have purely the shareholders interests at the forefront. This is correct and as it should be.

Perhaps they will soon realise the value of the business will plummet (affecting their shareholders) when they can’t manage the very thing their business relies on for revenue. Transportation of goods by vehicles driven by employees. Employees they can’t recruit and/or retain.

They have plugged the dam using cheap and/or expendable labour, be it from Eastern Europe or agencies, they actually have no idea other than that of how to obtain a workforce worth anything.

The sooner a few sizeable firms go to the wall from this issue the better. At the very least some CEO’s/Directors need to be chopped for failing.

I’ll be sorry for the employees but I actually think it’s the only thing that will get them twitching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahh what a day it’ll be when the “Just In Time” business model is finally cosigned to the dustbin.
Meanwhile, the weak pound following the as yet un-enacted attempt to Leave the EU - has already brought to an end the stays of foreign nationals that now find what they send back home has dwindled, and is no longer worth “roughing it” over here for… I would imagine if the roles were reversed - a UK trucker would grab with both hands a chance to work in another country for £1000 per week, including accommodation laid on - but would lose heart if it fell to a mere £700 per week, and the accommodation now costs a fortune… Right? Let’s see it from the other side of the fence here.

Anything that sends the vast majority of shyster agencies (especially those that use words like “Recruitment” or “Nova” or “Umbrella” in any of their literature) - is a thing to be welcomed by the entire driver economy - right? :sunglasses: :grimacing: