PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Some period adverts.

A00170.JPG

A00171.JPG

Hmmm… except Harry Parky’s Atki isn’t a Borderer!

I guess the advert dates from before the time when Frank Whalley was in charge of these things, rather than a Seddon predecessor

From memory that advert came out of a commercial motor mag from the 70s. I downloaded it a few years ago ! :open_mouth:

coomsey:
A00171.JPGHope you don’t mind me putting pic on but thought with Murphy’s tippers winning the head count another would be interesting (not my pic)

Thanks again coomsey for your input. Nice pic ! :wink:

Buzzer:
Lorry driver of the year contest, do they still do that today ? just wondered but if they do the judges would have to be multi lingual eh, Buzzer.

I dont think they do “driver of the year” anymore i cant recall reading about it for years ? Reckon you
are right about the judges !! :smiley: :laughing:

newmercman:
Fantastic thread.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Glad you are enjoying it.

Bewick:
This thread is an absolute treasure trove of shots from yesteryear and is the equivalent of the “Great Bubbleman’s” thread that kept us all eagerly awaiting his next batch of shots from years previously. Anyway well done Paul and Deano ! Regards Dennis.

Appreciate the comments Dennis, Paul will be chuffed so many people are enjoying the memories ! Hopefully alot more to come ! :wink:

A quick question to you all. Who were the largest fleets back in the 1970s ■■? I can remember BRS , Pickford’s must have been pretty big and the other company that seemed to be huge was Christian Salverson.
Who else ■■?

I used to know all the different types but without looking it up what type of Leyland is this one ?

A00175.JPG

Tidy ERF

A00163.JPG

Mercedes

A00164.JPG

ERF. The tipper trailer sides seem very low on that ? What would that be for tarmac ■■?

A00165.JPG

Leyland or AEC

A00166.JPG

Some Volvo “■■■■”

A00167.JPG

Tidy ERF

A00168.JPG

ERF tanker.

A00169.JPG

Foden. I think these particular Fodens have so much character about them.

A00170.JPG

ERF

A00171.JPG