PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Retired Old ■■■■:
Thanks for that photo of J R Margrett’s S-Atki, the driver of which was …? Marshall. As a dedicated ERF fan, J.R. couldn’t wait to get rid of the S/A- he reckoned that it spent twice as much time in the workshop (barn!) than the rest of the lorries put together.

Thanks for the observation Retired Old ■■■■ !

240 Gardner:

DEANB:

Buzzer:
Is that a Atkinson Borderer going the other way ■■?

No, it’s a Motor Panels cab, so likely to be a Seddon or a Guy Big J

Cheers 240 Gardner i thought you would know if it was a Borderer or not ! :wink:

michel:
To my knowledge, Unic never sold lorries in England during the 50/70th . But they sold a lot Unic George Richard ( founder of the factory) as taxis in the beginning of the 1900 th to London city.

Thanks for the reply Michel,appreciate it !

Bewick:
A00162.JPG Join the “piggy back club” ! this was a common sight in the late 60’s and into the 70’s, particularly Scottish firms such as Sam Anderson. These two Bewick motors are on their way to Ellesmere Port IIRC when we had regular Russian pulp ships in and provided the bales of pulp were loaded straight onto “wheels” and didn’t touch the dock the Mill didn’t have to pay port fees ! so it was always a desperate panic to at short notice to get as many trailers into Ellesmere to load as much as possible straight onto trailers . The rest went into the Shed and we worked away on it over the following couple of weeks ! Cheers Bewick.

Thanks for the pic Dennis ! I bet there were some big ques of trucks waiting to load,so they did not
get charged the fees !

BonkeyDollocks:
Indeed Coomsey lad, I was told once it was a one off to celebrate the silver jubilee of '77. It’s a superb photo.

And to Dean - I know a chap that is compiling a book on Tarmac’s history and would love to include the pic in his book. Full copyright details will be included and Paul will be mentioned in the acknowledgements.

Thanks coomsey for your input again and the pic ! :wink:

BonkeyDollocks, I have sent Paul a message asking him about the pic,but would imagine it will be fine
as he is pretty chilled ! :sunglasses: Will let you know when i hear back from him.

rward:
I think that airflow wagon and drag was driven by Sid bishop from Caerphilly for airflow Blackwood and the catnic scania with that trailor topped would have been something wrong with it as we only topped if there was a problem these pictures of Paul gees are brilliant regards rowly

Long time no speak Rowly ! Thanks for your input,hope you are well,sent you a PM.

kenfig bill:
Great stuff on this thread …thanks DEANB …That Caswell Borderer brings back memories …Coopers filters Llanfoist mostly in tautliners …they also on occasions …hauled chimney pots from a factory in Brecon …magic ! …Geraint .

Thanks for your comments kenfig bill, Paul will be pleased its bringing back memories to so many people !

A couple of ERF’s

A00153.JPG

Day cab Crusader.

A00154.JPG

Seddon Atkinson 400

A00155.JPG

Guy Big J

A00156.JPG

Immacualte 2800 Daf,must be new i would imagine. Unusual company name Ernest Waudsy !

A00157.JPG

DAF

A00158.JPG

Tidy 111 Scania.

A00159.JPG

Bedford TM training vehicle.

A00160.JPG

Scammell,from memory i think it was a Handyman ■■?

A00161.JPG

Foden,cab looks big in that picture ?

A00162.JPG