PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:
Todays pics, starting off with some “■■■■” for Robert !

When the trucks are stood still the photos are fantastic for quality ! :smiley:

Too right!! :smiley: :laughing:

Those pics of the ERF parked up are perfect for me,you feel that you could be stood there in real
life looking at them !

Bewick:
Excellent shots once again Deano ! But just a perfectly innocent observation as these shots were taken in the South it just go’s to show that vehicle buying tastes during those years were completely different from those in the North and Scotland. We bought mainly Premium makes such as Atki/ERF Scania and Volvo whereas many of the motors in the shots are Bedford/Ford/Maggie/Roman etc. Oh! and Scammell Crusaders ! but interesting all the same, well done to Paul for having taken the time to create what is now a time warp ! Cheers Bewick.

Intresting observation Dennis, i would not have said the Ford transcons were not premium motors ? Bedford’s were probably the most common trucks back then. The TK and TL were money making trucks,simple,easy to
repair,cheap to repair,and cheap to run. They could make you good money . The maggies semmed to have a
strong following just by the numbers that Paul took photos of,plus as a kid i can remember seeing loads of
them about. I dont know Dennis,but maybe they were cheap to buy ■■ The Crusaders and Romans i dont know
that much about. I believe the Romans were basically Mans,but someone else may know for sure…

coomsey:

BonkeyDollocks:
Very nice half cab S50 ARC in the first batch of this afternoons lot. There wasn’t many for ARC I believe so Paul did well to snap that one.

And I am inclined to agree with Oiltreader’s observation that the photos are brilliant. My main interest are quarry tippers but I enjoy seeing all the other vehicles in the shots.

Many many thanks for your continuing efforts in scanning and posting the pics. :sunglasses:

Half cab yes brill pic B D Whitwick A R C had 4 drove 1 on nights dry stone to M Keynes for a while , alright I thought but called Animals by everybody

Cant really remember them coomsey,but must have been a bit tight for storing your personal bits and bobs
you take to work. Would imagine that they were pretty rare ■■?

coomsey:
What a marvelous thing Paul has done. The thing we wished we’d done at the time n couldn’t be arsed or afford to
Fantastic !

Indeed i mentioned it before ! It was expensive back then having films developed ! Paul did develop
his own black and white pics, but had to pay for the colour ones and obviously the films. He must have
spent a fortune !