Can't sleep / causes

I’m the same and have been for quite a while now,really struggle to get a decent nights sleep even though I feel dog tired seemingly permanently at the minute but when it comes to getting actual sleep it’s a struggle to just get to sleep.

Mines I guess pretty much down to my own situation,wife terminally ill with cancer we have a young boy aged 9 and most of the time I spent wondering how the ■■■■ I’m gonna cope with everything when the time comes and it’s just me & my son.
In the day I can keep myself busy and put it all too the back of my mind but come bed time when the lights go out and all you’re doing is lying there thinking that’s when the worries & stress come to the fore front of my mind hence why I struggle to sleep.

Is there anything in particular you can pin point it too that’s keeping you from sleeping,maybe it’s something you can address without the doctors help if not then it may be that it is depression or something similar that you may need medical intervention to over come in the short term.