PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Memories rekindled after seeing that R&O ERF with a ■■■■■■■ badge on it but in truth they had a lot of Garner engine ERF’s. Having taken my HGV in Redruth in 1973 I stayed and worked out of Cornwall for a year and went past there yard lots of times, they did a lot of china clay up the country in bulk as well as pallets. Always remember a café with a long layby in Somerset before motorways, think that started at Taunton back then and a break round Bristol, anyways it was a favourite haunt for R&O drivers as there was a pub almost next door to the café so ideal place to stop overnight, something I rarely did as IIRC I was running on two logbooks back then. My point being in the morning they fired up these Gardeners and it looked like a hayrick was on fire, then after brecky they trundled off home, MH moment again Buzzer.
Great pictures of times past, cheers.

Thanks for the memories Buzzer ! Now you have me confused,i always thought you were a Hampshire lad ?
How come you took your HGV in Redruth ■■ Or have i not been paying attention !! :smiley: