Why do the job?

eagerbeaver:

Nighthawk.:

eagerbeaver:
Uh oh! Someone just got trapped. 40 hrs @ £13 p/h is £520. Then take breaks off and then deduct tax & NI. Bring home around £400.

Assuming you work your knackers off and do 45 hrs… your gross is £585. Again, less breaks and deductions.

So you DONT ’ bring home ’ £500 per week for doing local deliveries on day’s… :grimacing: Liar liar, pants on fire :laughing:

I’m happy :smiley:

Don’t get me wrong mate, I’m glad you are. Just be aware that plenty newbies get fed a load of ■■■■■■■■ about how we all bring home £500 a week for reading the paper and doing office hours.

And being that this is a newbies forum, false expectation isn’t a good thing in my view.

Well said Beaver!

Too often people see the figures posters like to portray as their income, without giving the real story. No reflection on you Nighthawk, but when a Newbies see’s figures of £500 take home, they don’t realise that they’ll more than likely not see anything other than their bed during the week, and at the weekend they’re too tired to go out and spend their cash. Yes you can earn a good income trucking driving if you put the hours in, the hard part is finding the balance, as overtime in a lot of gigs is not optional, it’s compulsory! :neutral_face: