Why do the job?

To be fair Evil, i suppose i come from the previous generation (or maybe the bugger before cos i was old fashioned as a youngster :open_mouth: and seriously out of time now :laughing: ), where the man (usually but not always) went out to work and the wife often stayed at home and raised the family.
I know the nuclear family has come in for ridicule from the feminazis the hip media and other assorted people with problems and useful idiots over the years, but, like Christian ideals not necessarily involving religion, it wasn’t a bad way to guide your life.

Unfortunately the only way the average working bloke could make that happen was by earning serious money, hence the two weeks worth of work every week became the norm.
Basically why i followed the route i did throughout my driving years, always followed the money.

In many ways i’m glad people don’t usually have to do that any more, but whilst you are young, and if you’re careful with how you spend the extra, ie shovelling as much as possible against the mortgage to get that paid off early, then i think its still a valid work ethic, if for no other reason that if you don’t ■■■■ it up the wall then once you have your house paid for and have no debts they, the govt, employers etc, no one has got you by the ■■■■■■■■, the day that last payment goes to the building society is a very good day indeed :sunglasses: