Different plates

Sorry, I’m a noob and my tiny noob brain was confused today- on the a5/38 roundabout when I went past a trailer with Irish plates being pulled by a unit with Polish plates. Is it kosher to have different plates on a moving pair?

Euro trailers are registered independently arnt they

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen English plate on front of truck with a Holland plate on the trailer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah its ok.The euro trailers have there own plates wich stay with it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

beathhail:
Sorry, I’m a noob and my tiny noob brain was confused today- on the a5/38 roundabout when I went past a trailer with Irish plates being pulled by a unit with Polish plates. Is it kosher to have different plates on a moving pair?

Euro trailers have their own registration number. The Hungarian tilts we pull will have a different plate to my Spanish registered unit. A UK reg unit though will have to have its own plate on for instance pulling a Polish reg trailer if in the UK…

So how does that work?..

Say someone is reversed into and all they can get is the trailer number (which could be pulled by a unit from another country).

How is it possible to trace the tractor unit and it’s driver from just the trailer plate?

yourhavingalarf:
So how does that work?..

Say someone is reversed into and all they can get is the trailer number (which could be pulled by a unit from another country).

How is it possible to trace the tractor unit and it’s driver from just the trailer plate?

Unless you got the tractor units number i expect it would be tough luck…Unless there is a way of tracing the trailors plate.

I saw this at Tabley lights on the A556 yesterday afternoon. Couldn’t get near the cab to see what plates were on it as he was flying.
By my reckoning the plates weren’t legit.

Rich262:
I saw this at Tabley lights on the A556 yesterday afternoon. Couldn’t get near the cab to see what plates were on it as he was flying.

That looks like a Euro unit pulling an English trailer.

daftvader:

yourhavingalarf:
So how does that work?..

Unless you got the tractor units number i expect it would be tough luck…Unless there is a way of tracing the trailors plate.

Euro reg trailers have their own Nr. plate so it’s traceble just like any other vehicle.

Radar19:

Rich262:

That looks like a Euro unit pulling an English trailer.

Irish…

Geoffo:
Euro reg trailers have their own Nr. plate so it’s traceble just like any other vehicle.

Yes…

I’m fully aware of that.

Tracing a trailer to it’s depot etc is worthless if you can’t find out who was pulling it.

It’s the driver in a vehicle with a different registration that is responsible for any damage caused so, how can they be traced if you only have the trailer number?

If a UK unit is pulling a foreign trailer, irrespective of the foreign reg trailer plate, it has also to display it’s UK unit reg on the trailer also.
If it does not it is an offence.

I had a truck with 3 seperate regs on, unit, trailer, and kooiap/moffet.sepearte reg on each.
I had a run in with a arrogant type VOSA guy (in the minority to be fair) who said it was illegal, my reply was ‘‘■■■■■■■■’’ .
When he done his homework.(.after 1 hour :unamused: ) he then said that HE did not agree with it, I told him to ring the Belgian Goverment in Bruxelles and tell them just that :unamused: …prick.

yourhavingalarf:

Geoffo:

Yes…

I’m fully aware of that.

Tracing a trailer to it’s depot etc is worthless if you can’t find out who was pulling it.

It’s the driver in a vehicle with a different registration that is responsible for any damage caused so, how can they be traced if you only have the trailer number?

You cant. Tracing the trailer owner is one thing, tracing the unit/driver is another…

robroy:
If a UK unit is pulling a foreign trailer, irrespective of the foreign reg trailer plate, it has also to display it’s UK unit reg on the trailer also.
If it does not it is an offence.

I had a truck with 3 seperate regs on, unit, trailer, and kooiap/moffet.sepearte reg on each.
I had a run in with a arrogant type VOSA guy (in the minority to be fair) who said it was illegal, my reply was ‘‘■■■■■■■■’’ .
When he done his homework.(.after 1 hour :unamused: ) he then said that HE did not agree with it, I told him to ring the Belgian Goverment in Bruxelles and tell them just that :unamused: …prick.

Another bad law those pesky Euro politicos forced upon us.

Out out out… :grimacing:

Rich262:

Spotted in South Mimms today…

AndrewG:

yourhavingalarf:

Geoffo:

Yes…

I’m fully aware of that.

You cant. Tracing the trailer owner is one thing, tracing the unit/driver is another…

Not in the case of Italy at least.Unit reg nearside trailer reg offside. :wink:

the nodding donkey:

Rich262:

How is this related?

On another note, it is illegal to cover up, or remove a resignation plate from a vehicle IN the UK

tommymanc:

the nodding donkey:

Rich262:

How is this related?

On another note, it is illegal to cover up, or remove a resignation plate from a vehicle IN the UK

I don’t know, maybe the Scania slept with the Irlam trailer’s dad?

the nodding donkey:
I don’t know, maybe the Scania slept with the Irlam trailer’s dad?

I (and I expect everyone) was hoping you knew, as you posted the picture…