Stupid mistake might have put nail in the lid

I smell a rat here.

DD convictions usually stay on your licence for 11 years.

As far as I can tell the only code relating to DD that stay on for less than 11 years is for attempting to drive or being in control of a vehicle whilst under the influence. They stay on for 4 years if I read it right.

The ban is for the licence not specific categories on it but the TC will have been informed and can intervene to impose sanctions on the LGV/PCV categories

So let me see, your quoted as saying,

“been very silly and am remorseful over it”.

Then you say,

“this would be my 2nd time, first about 7 years ago before i took my hgv lessons”

The remorsefulness lasted long didn’t it.

Well to be quite frank with you, what a ■■■■, and I hope you never drive again, you are 1 of the idiots that are a daily problem on the roads and having you removed from them can only be a good thing. Don’t expect any sympathy from me or a few others on here and I suggest that you stay away from lorry driving permanently.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:
Drink-driving penalties - GOV.UK

I’m not sure many places would take you on with DD as well. So as above a change of career will most likely be needed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

He could still get a driving job but it’ll be with the biggest bunch of cowboys in his area also paying the lowest hourly rate and driving a dodgy motor etc etc .

bald bloke:

JaxDemon:
Drink-driving penalties - GOV.UK

I’m not sure many places would take you on with DD as well. So as above a change of career will most likely be needed.

He could still get a driving job but it’ll be with the biggest bunch of cowboys in his area also paying the lowest hourly rate and driving a dodgy motor etc etc .

An agency then lol

JaxDemon:

bald bloke:

JaxDemon:
gov.uk/drink-driving-penalties

An agency then lol

A DD endorsement stays on the licence for 11 years so unless he’s banned for 4 years or more he’ll have 2 DD endorsements on his licence when he gets it back, I don’t know of any agency that would even waste their time interviewing him let alone sending him to a client.

Sorry OP but my advice would have to be to start a new career, for the foreseeable future your prospects as a HGV driver are very limited.

Aye, start a new career or try and get a job as a yard shunter.

adam277:

wouldnt be able to be a yard shunter without a licence would i bud?

richcfc1:

adam277:

As long as the job doesn’t involve going onto public roads you wouldn’t need a licence, if you want to use your driving ability that’s as good an idea as you’re likely to get.

tachograph:

richcfc1:

adam277:

As long as the job doesn’t involve going onto public roads you wouldn’t need a licence, if you want to use your driving ability that’s as good an idea as you’re likely to get.

But I’m not sure that will even fly in the future, as my firm (now ex firm) changed their policy on this due to insurance!
Not sure of the exact facts on why, but I heard that due to some legal case in Europe, they now require anyone driving/moving vehicles on their sites to have the appropriate licences. It didn’t make the workshop boys very happy though, as they then had to come to us and ask us to move the trucks in and out of the workshops for them. :laughing:

Whether other firms will follow suit I don’t know, but maybe another reason to change career… :neutral_face:

Our shunter has to hold all the licences for insurance purposes.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Our mechanics don’t have the licences and they drive the trucks around the yard.

Our restriction is because of public access I believe.

Private means there must be a gate or barrier present

If we didn’t have members of the public on site then we could probably use someone without a licence. Though there’s still “duty of care” etc to think about.

2nd DD will see a ban of 18 months to 2 years, with a possible reduction if you can pass the course.

I’d be very surprised if you didn’t have further sanctions from the traffic commissioner.

Shunting does vary depending on who you work for and even depot’s of the same company.

At our place none of the three of us had class 1 licences, I have mine now anyway and don’t shunt very often now anyway.

One has a car licence only the other has C1 and PSV but nothing else and the newest shunter not even sure he even has a car licence as he usually comes on a push bike.

Yet another one of our depots to be a shunter you have to have a full Class 1 licence, but I believe they have to go out on the road at times and I believe there is public access through the site.

But all shunters are trained on the tug and signed off, so I guess in effect as a tug is classed as plant in house training would suffice as long as it’s private ground.

richcfc1:
ive recently been a silly lad and after all the training to become an c+e driver have had my bloods taken because of suspected drink driving and an rta (wasnt in wagon)

been very silly and am remorseful over it.

just wondering where i stand if i end up getting a ban after my licence is returned will i be able to go back to c+e?

this would be my 2nd time, first about 7 years ago before i took my hgv lessons.

Weans ( and adults ) get killed by drink drivers! :imp:

lizard:
So let me see, your quoted as saying,

“been very silly and am remorseful over it”.

Then you say,

“this would be my 2nd time, first about 7 years ago before i took my hgv lessons”

The remorsefulness lasted long didn’t it.

Well to be quite frank with you, what a ■■■■, and I hope you never drive again, you are 1 of the idiots that are a daily problem on the roads and having you removed from them can only be a good thing. Don’t expect any sympathy from me or a few others on here and I suggest that you stay away from lorry driving permanently.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Not being funny but if your drink driving and this is now the second time I hope you never drive a lorry again. You blatantly didn’t learn the first time and you have no respect for others. People like you disgust me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk