They're not just using trucks to catch them

I use handheld phones when its safe to do so, just like I use a handheld CB, change stations, drink water or even eat a sandwich. Unlike the brainless up their own arse do gooders I don’t need a law to determine whether I’m being safe or not. Obeying the law doesn’t make you a safe driver. Just like the ■■■■ do gooders who religiously stick to the speed limit yet are happy enough to sail past a school at 30 mph at chucking out time because they’re too stupid to understand safe driving, relying on the law to dictate whether they’re safe or not. Or the idiots who are talking away on their ear deforming bluetooth headset in busy built up areas instead of concentrating on their driving. But as long as they’re legal they’ll be receiving a huge pat on the back from the jumped up ■■■■ do gooders on here. Absolute tossers the lot of them who have no concept of safe driving, only legal or illegal.

If all this is dangerous then it’s time to ban everything in a vehicle. No radio, automatic heaters and demisters that can’t be changed whilst the engine is running, no sat nav and no phone signals. A completely plain dashboard with no controls whatsoever. Otherwise just shut the ■■■■ up and admit that holding the phone to answer a call isn’t dangerous in the right conditions, just like using a handsfree phone in the wrong conditions is legal but highly dangerous.