They're not just using trucks to catch them

robroy:

JaxDemon:
The phone issue should be a 12 month ban instantly it’s has bad as drink driving.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Another example. No it is not. Yet another Big Brother mantra by the powers that be.
If you drive while ■■■■■■ you are out of it, cloud 9, fearless, reckless, dangerous, liable to do any ■■■■■■■ thing you would not do if sober…
Talking on the phone is like listening to a good radio programme, talking to a passenger, singing along to AC DC, … a distraction in different degrees depending on how engrossed you are in the conversation.
Hands free is exactly the same btw, the only difference is you are driving with both hands…I drive with one hand more often than not, it’s just what I have done for years…with no disasters up to press.

Can I stress I neither drink drive, or hold a phone, I am just putting things into perspective and thinking things through instead of readily accepting and swallowing all the official rhetoric bs attempted to be fed to me.
Some of you should try it some time. :unamused:

Nope sorry but that’s just ■■■■■■■■.

Talking via Bluetooth/hands free acceptable to some degree.

Having a device in your hand, looking down at it. Tapping away on it. Replying to texts or Facebook being distracted and not paying attention is has bad as drink driving. Your reaction times will be the same as being drunk because you are not paying attention.

I’ve seen what carnage playing on a phone can have for one person and it was lucky he never took anyone with him from the right hand lane all across the others into the hard should and up the embankment and hitting a tree at 70mph and flipping his car. He’s lucky to be alive.

Motorway closed and air ambulance called out all because he was too engrossed in his phone. He will have learned his lesson that’s for sure. 6 points just means they’ll carry on doing it because they can.

Take away the power to even do it a 2nd time the lesson will be learned.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk