They're not just using trucks to catch them

Captain Caveman 76:

discoman:
Rather than slate the police, why don’t you research the stats and see how many with no insurance or no licence etc are taking off of the road due to these operations. Do some not realise that this is what this dept is budgeted for … and they have other sections such as robbery, burglary squad etc. they all have different remits to what they do in the force.

When you consider they take criminals off of the road how can it be a bad thing. If stupid drivers abide by the rules they wouldn’t be needed would they.

Noble sentiments, but the facts remain…

The operation on Friday afternoon and all day Saturday resulted in more than 130 motorists being caught.

Of those, 39 were using a mobile phone, 36 were pulled over for not wearing a seat belt and two vehicles were seized for not having insurance.

A further 53 drivers were reported for speeding and two more were arrested for drug driving.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … buses.html

Out of 130 drivers, only 4 were taken off the road. The priority is quite clearly to raise as much money as possible.

Now before you say anything, I’m not condoning speeding or phone use, IMO they’re a voluntary tax, but one so lucrative that law enforcement prioritises it. Or at very least seems to.

I completely hear, and ageee with you. But them cars are off of the road. The idiots who want to use a mobile, well get what they deserve. Speeding also kills. So if by issuing these drivers points for offences committed gets more numpties off of the road.

I would like, to see more of these operations in action