fast card

I am just in the process of applying to renew my FAST card what a nightmare. !!..filling out forms all afternoon making numerous mistakes got to the end where they asked for $50 US filled out credit card information hit send it came back and told me I was too flippin slow and had to do it again. When this is eventually done then I have a 400 mile round trip in my car to the Sweetgrass/ coutts Montana /Alberta border for an appointment. I m not sure if Donald doesn’t want us Canadian truckers down there!!.Canadian drivers beware!!

Surely, your employer will be paying an agreed mileage rate for using your car to do that, won’t he?
What mileage rate do you get when using your own car for work related purposes?
My company would be paying £0.45/mile plus my usual hourly rate of pay for such a trip.
After all, getting your FAST card is part of your job , you need to be compensated

Hi , I am not currently employed as a truck driver I keep my fast card as basically another string to my bow Wayne (formerly Leicestershire tipper driver)

hkloss1:
Surely, your employer will be paying an agreed mileage rate for using your car to do that, won’t he?
My company would be paying £0.45/mile plus my usual hourly rate of pay for such a trip.
After all, getting your FAST card is part of your job , you need to be compensated

You obviously don’t work in Canada. Here you pay for everything port passes,fast cards,twic cards everything.
The vast majority here only pay for wheels turning. A few pay waiting time but not many. As for using your own car and getting paid no chance what so ever!

Ford5000:

hkloss1:

You obviously don’t work in Canada. Here you pay for everything port passes,fast cards,twic cards everything.
The vast majority here only pay for wheels turning. A few pay waiting time but not many. As for using your own car and getting paid no chance what so ever!

All paid for , plus hourly rate for travel to and from the border interview , with personal mileage , oh and passport paid too . Not all Canadian trucking companies are crap .

went down for the interview…card received in the mail good until 2022 Wayne R