Nights driving time

tachograph:

t29sab:
Please advice I’ve landed a job working nights for a bit although it’s only three thank god but I start at 1800 hrs and normally finish at 09.oo so am I right in thinking my driving time starts at 1800 hrs

Your driving time starts when you start driving just like when you’re on days :confused:

Also if you’re doing 15 hour shifts you can only do 3 between weekly rest periods unless you’re having split daily rest peirods.

t29sab:
I’m confused as when I do a print out its showing me from 00.00 hours so having to do two print outs and add them both up which is correct

I’m not sure if the Stoneridge tachograph works the same but on the Siemens digital tachograph when you eject the card you’re asked if you want a printout, select yes and you’ll get a printout for the entire shift

If you do a printout at any other time it will start at 00:00 so you’ll need 2 printouts for the shift.

Having said that there’s no legal requirement to do a printout at-all unless you need to record a deviation from the regulations.

Many thanks for your time and help cheers