Robert Baillie Transport,Portsmouth and Horndean

Thanks for your posts ERF. Upon reflection, as the cab is stripped, it would be a long way to come to see a chassis and drive train. Perhaps if I’m up that way I may call to see if it’s convenient. Regarding the radiators, I know that when Robert Baillie & Co Ltd was first started, most of the people involved, my Father included, were from a transport background. I can’t speak for the others but my Father, who was to be the mechanic and later to become fleet engineer, had had previous experience with Atkinson Silver Knight vehicles when he worked at Lucazade. I do know that Mr Baillie also came from (either Beechams or Lucazade but the two became one around that time) so he would most likely have been involved with vehicle spec and purchase. As you will know in those days when you bought a new commercial vehicle you had a lot of options for the specification. I don’t know just how many vehicles there were to start the whole thing off, but I do know that the fleet numbers started at 10 for the Tractor Units and 100 for the Trailers. zoom in on a number of the pictures I posted and you can tie in Reg No’s for numbers 11 and 12. I would love to see any more pictures you have of FPO 12C. And if you ever do consider rebuild it, well then I’d definitely be in the queue to come and see. All the Best to you!