head burst.!!!

Nobby_Clarke:
I work with a lot of Irish lads and we go north or south at least once a year, and we like the way they don’t give a monkeys about anything.

The reason they dont give a monkeys is because yes, although theres rules and regs in place as in any country theyre not rigorously enforced by a naziesque regime and as such life is more relaxed and nowhere near as stressed as working on the UK mainland and weight/speed/tacho infringements ect are not seen as some kind of criminal act. Company i sub for very unofficially operate (with no paper trail) a weight bonus to those willing to take it, 48t+ on five isnt unusual leaving the yard as drivers know full well the chances of being fined are slim and as most know their way around the scales pretty much non existant in most cases. Infringements in the UK though lead to huge fines/points/ loss of licence or worse and must be a constant headache trying to remain within the law while trying to earn a decent enough wage to put a crust on the table…i got out years ago now and dont think i could ever come back just reading what i do on this very forum alone…