head burst.!!!

Traffic density both day and night is just plain silly in the UK whatever the cause.I drive(by car)several times a year to Spain which from the French port can be between 1000 to 1200 miles yet I can tell you within half an hour either way when I will arrive.I couldn’t tell you within half an hour how long from my home here to Leeds,20 miles away.

Nobby_Clarke:
Many things make being a professional driver in this country an absolute headache. Poor planning,poor lane discipline, matrix signs saying there’s trouble ahead when there isn’t, Sunday drivers 5 days a week,and all the rest of it. It’s a wonder any goods get anywhere. The only thing that keeps me going is the thought that I’m hourly paid. As soon as I can afford it I’m spending my twilight years joining Dieseldog across the sea

Its the only way mate. The UK is finished re road transport, far too many speed restrictions, cameras, and completely over congested roads. Over here, although not perfect, everythings free flowing and relatively stress free. I reckon its quite possibly going to take years off some drivers ref all the agg and stress of driving on UK roads in the long run…

Gidders:
Traffic density both day and night is just plain silly in the UK whatever the cause.I drive(by car)several times a year to Spain which from the French port can be between 1000 to 1200 miles yet I can tell you within half an hour either way when I will arrive.I couldn’t tell you within half an hour how long from my home here to Leeds,20 miles away.

I do Malaga to Calais return every week and it always works out to be within the hour every time. The only time its any different is if i have to do a trailer rebuild on the way…

AndrewG:

Nobby_Clarke:
Many things make being a professional driver in this country an absolute headache. Poor planning,poor lane discipline, matrix signs saying there’s trouble ahead when there isn’t, Sunday drivers 5 days a week,and all the rest of it. It’s a wonder any goods get anywhere. The only thing that keeps me going is the thought that I’m hourly paid. As soon as I can afford it I’m spending my twilight years joining Dieseldog across the sea

Its the only way mate. The UK is finished re road transport, far too many speed restrictions, cameras, and completely over congested roads. Over here, although not perfect, everythings free flowing and relatively stress free. I reckon its quite possibly going to take years off some drivers ref all the agg and stress of driving on UK roads in the long run…

I work with a lot of Irish lads and we go north or south at least once a year, and we like the way they don’t give a monkeys about anything.We’ve already decided roughly where we’re going to. If she had her way we’d be gone tomorrow,but reading on here what the wages are like it’ll have to wait a few more years until the piggybank’s a bit heavier.

Adonis.:
Probably decided not to go the 66 in case he got stuck behind you dawdling along like a fanny. :unamused:

A.

By that you mean doing the legal limit and not taking money out of my own pocket? The difference between doing the legal limit on the SC sections and being on the limiter would add less than 5 minutes from Scotch Corner to Penrith. If 5 minutes is that critical you need to go find a job where your boss isn’t treating you like a clown.

Nobby_Clarke:
I work with a lot of Irish lads and we go north or south at least once a year, and we like the way they don’t give a monkeys about anything.We’ve already decided roughly where we’re going to. If she had her way we’d be gone tomorrow,but reading on here what the wages are like it’ll have to wait a few more years until the piggybank’s a bit heavier.

Why would anyone admire a country where if you’re a lorry driver you are being treated like a mug, worked longer hours than a slave in medieval times for wages which were crap in the 1980s with you taking all the risk and paying the costs if you get caught?

Conor:

Nobby_Clarke:

Why would anyone admire a country where if you’re a lorry driver you are being treated like a mug, worked longer hours than a slave in medieval times for wages which were crap in the 1980s with you taking all the risk and paying the costs if you get caught?

Sounds like England to me :smiley:

Use the A5. :neutral_face:

yourhavingalarf:

Buckstones:
The AA route planner times and distances given indicate an average of 58 mph direct and 55.6 via Scotch Corner. Obviously these are based on car timings, would you add 50% for trucks or some other factor?

I wouldn’t add 50%…

Certainly in a wagon the speed average will be lower and times would be longer because of that.

What I’m trying to illustrate is that using a very busy M1/M6 route is slower than a free flowing A1/A66 route.

Would it be totally inappropriate to point out to DD that if he’d had access to the despised TomTom satnav he would have been able to see the traffic problems and the impact they were likely to have on his journey…?

Nobby_Clarke:
I work with a lot of Irish lads and we go north or south at least once a year, and we like the way they don’t give a monkeys about anything.

The reason they dont give a monkeys is because yes, although theres rules and regs in place as in any country theyre not rigorously enforced by a naziesque regime and as such life is more relaxed and nowhere near as stressed as working on the UK mainland and weight/speed/tacho infringements ect are not seen as some kind of criminal act. Company i sub for very unofficially operate (with no paper trail) a weight bonus to those willing to take it, 48t+ on five isnt unusual leaving the yard as drivers know full well the chances of being fined are slim and as most know their way around the scales pretty much non existant in most cases. Infringements in the UK though lead to huge fines/points/ loss of licence or worse and must be a constant headache trying to remain within the law while trying to earn a decent enough wage to put a crust on the table…i got out years ago now and dont think i could ever come back just reading what i do on this very forum alone…

Does it not occur to you that one of the reasons why rates are so ■■■■ and the industry is so over-regulated is because of you are your ilk, who regard it as some kind of Billy Big Trucker badge of honour to deliberately ignore every rule and regulation going, or claim to, even if there is no need to?

And what boat is there between Malaga and Calais that may require your ‘heavy pedal’, exactly, or is that also a figment of your imagination?

AndrewG:

Buckstones:
The AA route planner times and distances given indicate an average of 58 mph direct and 55.6 via Scotch Corner. Obviously these are based on car timings, would you add 50% for trucks or some other factor?

With DD999’s limiter you could probably take at least 25% off those times…and if the ‘must catch the boat’ button is engaged it’ll be at least another -10%…

i just use a car satnav and its usually near enough for times…i got the toll paid for,and to save 11 miles and a few mins,id still prefer 3 lanes to sitting behind some A road plobber…it dont matter what road you would pick in hindsight,as 1 route is as bad as the next in england nowadays…i tend not to give a toss about satnav sugestions,as even the useless motorway signs were showing long delays,j18–21…i got to 18…then flowed nicely till after 19,so there always bolloxed for usefull info anyway…as soon as you divert,then its speed cameras every mile so its easier to hide up the motorway so long as you can get past the 56 brigade . :slight_smile:

Olog Hai:
Does it not occur to you that one of the reasons why rates are so [zb] and the industry is so over-regulated is because of you are your ilk, who regard it as some kind of Billy Big Trucker badge of honour to deliberately ignore every rule and regulation going, or claim to, even if there is no need to?

And what boat is there between Malaga and Calais that may require your ‘heavy pedal’, exactly, or is that also a figment of your imagination?

Its actually one of DD’s sayings which i thought amusing thats all no harm is there? We all know theres no boat between Malaga and Calais and i certainly didnt think anyone would take offence at it :confused:
I certainly dont regard myself as billy big trucker with a badge of honour far from it.
Ive no idea where you drive but not everywhere is the same. Tbh i dont really care what you think of me and my ilk as you put it and yes i do have my own interpretation of the rules and may slightly bend one or two just like hundreds of other european drivers but what i do or any other driver does down here doesnt affect you or anyone else for that matter so why worry about it, i know i dont :wink:

dieseldog999:

AndrewG:

Buckstones:

With DD999’s limiter you could probably take at least 25% off those times…and if the ‘must catch the boat’ button is engaged it’ll be at least another -10%…

i just use a car satnav and its usually near enough for times…i got the toll paid for,and to save 11 miles and a few mins,id still prefer 3 lanes to sitting behind some A road plobber…

I havent driven in the UK for a long time but even then it was the A road plobbers which used to cause the hold ups…the 40mph brigade…

someone will be along soon to inform you that its now 50mph though its still 40 in scotland except for bit of the A 9…the only difference for the 40 plobbers that now sometimes creep up to 50 is that it makes me feel im going slower than i am as its another few seconds whilst passing them and trying to take their elbows off… :smiley:

British roads are simply the way they are due to massive over population.

dieseldog999:
to accidentally hit the required "must make the boat button

So why would you take…

A slower route? Surely if you wanted to be there, you’d take the swiftest roads giving you the best chance of getting the boat?

I’m not telling you to use Satnav suggestions. I used the AA route planner to show you you’ve gone the longer, less economical and slower route, which makes you look a bit of a doofus.

You keep telling us how fantastic you are at overtaking everyone, posting videos of hero V8 drivers overtaking yet, you whine about being stuck behind plobbers on the A66? I’d have thought you’d have blasted round the 40 mph brigade and set the 66 alight whilst filming it to show to your friends and brag about it whilst waiting for the Stenna to dock.

Fail.

Nobby_Clarke:

I could point you to nice NEW 4bed detached houses about 15miles south-east of Belfast for about £100k.[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

yourhavingalarf:

dieseldog999:
to accidentally hit the required "must make the boat button

So why would you take…

A slower route? Surely if you wanted to be there, you’d take the swiftest roads giving you the best chance of getting the boat?

I’m not telling you to use Satnav suggestions. I used the AA route planner to show you you’ve gone the longer, less economical and slower route, which makes you look a bit of a doofus.

You keep telling us how fantastic you are at overtaking everyone, posting videos of hero V8 drivers overtaking yet, you whine about being stuck behind plobbers on the A66? I’d have thought you’d have blasted round the 40 mph brigade and set the 66 alight whilst filming it to show to your friends and brag about it whilst waiting for the Stenna to dock.

Fail.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
1…if your on the bang,its best to be part of the crowd.no point in attracting unwelcome attention…we all know theres several route options but dont you ever just go a particular way when it suits you on a whim? no matter what way,then its doomed if you do,and doomed if you dont.
2…i dont film myself.
3…whilst admitting to constant overspeed when i see fit,i dont remember telling anyone how fantastic i am??
4.its stena,not stenna
5 …pay more attention,it was the midnight p&o
6…no bragging when your just doing a normal trip,most of the boat traffic works to the same agenda.
7.generally id only be stuck behind a plobber untill i can get past them,the fun part is,having that ability.

sooooooooooooooooooo…win. :smiley:

Conor:

Nobby_Clarke:

When did you work in NI Connor■■?
There are NIL RETURN 40mph A road truck drivers over here as you’d be run off road.
New 3/4bed houses at £80/100k and rent of same@ £400/450month make up for £8hr or £500 home!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk