head burst.!!!

dieseldog999:
3 weeks later after j21,gridlock through the thelwell viaduct,then…“congestion”/gridlock.till up past haydock…after that it wasnt bad to preston,then flat to the mat the rest of the way…who would want to have a job driving around england on a daily basis…■■
its no wonder that theres always ireland/uk trips on the go for anyone thats daft enough to want it.the countrys finished and it wont lie down. :slight_smile:

From South Mimms the sensible people would have gone up the A1 then across the A66 and had you done so you’d have had plenty of your countrymen and Scots for company.

dieseldog999:
,but the tom is more fun… :slight_smile:

Eh…

Wassat mean?

England is at least 20% (probably more, but no one’s saying) overcrowded and getting worse every day, its all over people, this road hospital housing etc hell is only going to get progressively worse from now on, you cannot unnaturally increase a population over 20 years by an unprecedented number without massively increasing the infrastructure to cope, but thats what they did, one of the sticking plasters is smart motorways…thats putting a row of sandbags down to stop a tidal wave.

The only mildly satisfying part of all this is that the results of this affect those who voted for it as much as those of who objected and have been vilified for it, who in their little brainwashed bubble still can’t see they voted willingly for the destruction of their own country and their own way of life, in some ways its tragically funny, yet these same idiots are up in arms about people life Farage and Trump, whilst the real villains swan about making £millions being feted by the mainstream media, you couldn’t make it up.

As AndrewG, those who are young enough should get out if they can, though europe is going to have its own hell of a different sort in the coming years, with much of that self inflicted, it’s already started in some countries hence the unthinkable that normal people are starting to say and prepared to vote NO, just like we did here and in the USA.

Conor:

dieseldog999:
3 weeks later after j21,gridlock through the thelwell viaduct,then…“congestion”/gridlock.till up past haydock…after that it wasnt bad to preston,then flat to the mat the rest of the way…who would want to have a job driving around england on a daily basis…■■
its no wonder that theres always ireland/uk trips on the go for anyone thats daft enough to want it.the countrys finished and it wont lie down. :slight_smile:

From South Mimms the sensible people would have gone up the A1 then across the A66 and had you done so you’d have had plenty of your countrymen and Scots for company.

Probably decided not to go the 66 in case he got stuck behind you dawdling along like a fanny. :unamused:

A.

Adonis.:

Conor:

dieseldog999:

Probably decided not to go the 66 in case he got stuck behind you dawdling along like a fanny. :unamused:

A.

Lol at that one… :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:

dieseldog999:

Eh…

Wassat mean?

sorry…50 is thrifty,the ton is more fun…i stand corrected. :slight_smile:

and as above…its just as bad heading up the m1,then the purgatory of the plob a job dawdlers on the A roads. just hurtling along with the masses sticking to the motorways on a rainy day is a tad more discrete when your out on the bang,and not flying on the 66 etc. theres 97 miles of A 75 for to practice my spectacular overtaking on,which is a bit more interesting( especially if i happen to catch up with a similar minded playmate heading for the same boat) that i can edge on to shake those bushes for me… :slight_smile:

ive lived in N.I last 14 years,driving in europe is such a doddle compared to the uk gridlockplus your treated with much more respect mostly everywhere.
nothing would convince me to return to mainland uk to live and work,its bad enough having to transit it now and again.
the other difference is that in the uk,anytime your driving along a main road and you see a campervan with a woman in it parked at the side of the road,theres no point in stopping,as they are most likely camping!!! :wink:

dieseldog999:

yourhavingalarf:

dieseldog999:

Eh…

Wassat mean?

Thank you…

I have to agree with Conor. The A1/A66 would have been much quicker. I was on the A1 that afternoon and despite torrential rain, it didn’t stop anywhere. The traffic round Donny would be nowhere near as bad the M1/M6 and you wouldn’t have paid the toll. Most of the 66 is dualled now so you’d only have to put up with my/Conors/Plobbers 49 mph for a short distance.

If you choose the wrong route in the first place and take the most congested roads you’re always gonna be late and stressed.

AA route planner Enfield Cairnryan direct 410 miles 7 hours 4 minutes. Same journey via Scotch Corner 403 miles 7 hours 15 minutes.

yourhavingalarf:

dieseldog999:

yourhavingalarf:

dieseldog999:

Eh…

Wassat mean?

Thank you…

I have to gree with Conor. The A1/A66 would have been much quicker. I was on the A1 that afternoon and despite torrential rain, it didn’t stop anywhere. The traffic round Donny would be nowhere near as bad the M1/M6 and you wouldn’t have paid the toll. Most of the 66 is dualled now so you’d only have to put up with my/Conors/Plobbers 49 mph for a short distance.

If you choose the wrong route in the first place and take the most congested roads you’re always gonna be late and stressed.

AA route planner Enfield Cairnryan direct 410 miles 7 hours 4 minutes. Same journey via Scotch Corner 403 miles 7 hours 15 minutes.

Your losing your touch DD99!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

The AA route planner times and distances given indicate an average of 58 mph direct and 55.6 via Scotch Corner. Obviously these are based on car timings, would you add 50% for trucks or some other factor?

Buckstones:
The AA route planner times and distances given indicate an average of 58 mph direct and 55.6 via Scotch Corner. Obviously these are based on car timings, would you add 50% for trucks or some other factor?

I wouldn’t add 50%…

Certainly in a wagon the speed average will be lower and times would be longer because of that.

What I’m trying to illustrate is that using a very busy M1/M6 route is slower than a free flowing A1/A66 route.

Conor:

dieseldog999:

From Enfield the ‘sensible’ people would use A10,A1,A66.On the basis that at least it avoids more of the South/Midlands/Manchester corridor traffic demand and some of the worst,over regulated,to the point of now arguably being irrelevant,motorways. :wink:

While although Juddian is mostly correct.The question is how can there be so many people travelling between the South and the Midlands and the North.IE what can possibly be attracting so many people to all want/need to travel between London/Midlands/Leeds/Manchester and much of the rest of the north being an under populated waste land. :confused:

Buckstones:

With DD999’s limiter you could probably take at least 25% off those times…and if the ‘must catch the boat’ button is engaged it’ll be at least another -10%…

Many things make being a professional driver in this country an absolute headache. Poor planning,poor lane discipline, matrix signs saying there’s trouble ahead when there isn’t, Sunday drivers 5 days a week,and all the rest of it. It’s a wonder any goods get anywhere. The only thing that keeps me going is the thought that I’m hourly paid. As soon as I can afford it I’m spending my twilight years joining Dieseldog across the sea

Traffic density both day and night is just plain silly in the UK whatever the cause.I drive(by car)several times a year to Spain which from the French port can be between 1000 to 1200 miles yet I can tell you within half an hour either way when I will arrive.I couldn’t tell you within half an hour how long from my home here to Leeds,20 miles away.

Nobby_Clarke:
Many things make being a professional driver in this country an absolute headache. Poor planning,poor lane discipline, matrix signs saying there’s trouble ahead when there isn’t, Sunday drivers 5 days a week,and all the rest of it. It’s a wonder any goods get anywhere. The only thing that keeps me going is the thought that I’m hourly paid. As soon as I can afford it I’m spending my twilight years joining Dieseldog across the sea

Its the only way mate. The UK is finished re road transport, far too many speed restrictions, cameras, and completely over congested roads. Over here, although not perfect, everythings free flowing and relatively stress free. I reckon its quite possibly going to take years off some drivers ref all the agg and stress of driving on UK roads in the long run…

Gidders:
Traffic density both day and night is just plain silly in the UK whatever the cause.I drive(by car)several times a year to Spain which from the French port can be between 1000 to 1200 miles yet I can tell you within half an hour either way when I will arrive.I couldn’t tell you within half an hour how long from my home here to Leeds,20 miles away.

I do Malaga to Calais return every week and it always works out to be within the hour every time. The only time its any different is if i have to do a trailer rebuild on the way…

AndrewG:

Nobby_Clarke:

Its the only way mate. The UK is finished re road transport, far too many speed restrictions, cameras, and completely over congested roads. Over here, although not perfect, everythings free flowing and relatively stress free. I reckon its quite possibly going to take years off some drivers ref all the agg and stress of driving on UK roads in the long run…

I work with a lot of Irish lads and we go north or south at least once a year, and we like the way they don’t give a monkeys about anything.We’ve already decided roughly where we’re going to. If she had her way we’d be gone tomorrow,but reading on here what the wages are like it’ll have to wait a few more years until the piggybank’s a bit heavier.

Adonis.:

A.

By that you mean doing the legal limit and not taking money out of my own pocket? The difference between doing the legal limit on the SC sections and being on the limiter would add less than 5 minutes from Scotch Corner to Penrith. If 5 minutes is that critical you need to go find a job where your boss isn’t treating you like a clown.

Nobby_Clarke:
I work with a lot of Irish lads and we go north or south at least once a year, and we like the way they don’t give a monkeys about anything.We’ve already decided roughly where we’re going to. If she had her way we’d be gone tomorrow,but reading on here what the wages are like it’ll have to wait a few more years until the piggybank’s a bit heavier.

Why would anyone admire a country where if you’re a lorry driver you are being treated like a mug, worked longer hours than a slave in medieval times for wages which were crap in the 1980s with you taking all the risk and paying the costs if you get caught?

Conor:

Nobby_Clarke:

Why would anyone admire a country where if you’re a lorry driver you are being treated like a mug, worked longer hours than a slave in medieval times for wages which were crap in the 1980s with you taking all the risk and paying the costs if you get caught?

Sounds like England to me :smiley: