Driving to Milan

muckles:

Darrenb:
At this present moment fingers crossed will be leaving Manchester at 11am Thursday so get down to Dover, over and punch on. Rest then crack on. Just worried that if leave later and miss slot for months Blanc Saturday morning if leave after Thursday where I park before hand. Could I go through is it the frueges? Tunnel instead. Sorry to be a pain this is really worrying me. Drove many a time in Europe and to Switzerland, basel and geneva never worried. This is scarring the [zb] out of me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Don’t worry too much provided you get started when you say you should be ok, I assume when Franglais says Cluses he means just off junction 19 on A40, I believe there is Routier there, it easy to find as the junction a big peage, and you go off to the right hand one to take the slip. I’m sure Franglais will correct me if I’m wrong.

As has been mentioned you have to go through the check point, before heading to the tunnel, but it’s easy to find, after you get back on from Cluses go past Sallanches and then the A40 bends to the left and you take the exit for the services go round and drive through the holding area to the hut at the end, where they’ll give a check slip and if your truck hasn’t got one an emission level sticker for the window.

Then its up to the tunnel and follow it round, through the tunnel and when you come out park up for few minutes and admire the scenery and take picture of your truck with the tunnel in the background, (OK is just me then :blush: [emoji38] )

I’m sure you’ll be fine, I had to send a bloke ahead that way once when my truck broke down before we left the UK, he was a proper stress head and could get lost leaving his house and he made it. :smiley:

Where are you going to in Milan? I went to a big exhibition centre there a few years ago.

I’m off to the main exhibition centre in Milan. I’m not that bad at getting lost, normally very good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk