Robert Baillie Transport,Portsmouth and Horndean

Hi, thanks for your replies!.

FPO 12C does indeed survive, and I own it, but it is not quite so complete these days. The photo above was taken about 10 years ago before my ownership. Unfortunately a young lad full of enthusiasm to restore it pulled the cab completely to pieces, found himself out of his depth, lost some of the parts and abandoned the project. I bought it last year with the cab in bits, primarily to use it as spare parts, but as yet it has not been needed.

I must admit that I spent some time last year trying to research it’s history, including applying to the DVLA for previous keeper info and getting a copy of it’s factory build sheet, but drew a complete blank in finding who the original owner was - until tonight!.

So FPO 12C was fleet No 10 then, the first Atkinson with Baillie’s?
Is this the one that had an accident, or was that 13C? I ask because 12C has a ‘home made’ back panel in the cab (complete with wired glass windows) and a different roof panel with nameboard compared to the excellent photo in this thread.

Do you guys have any idea how it ended up painted bright yellow? It’s not a recent thing, the layers of yellow paint go down some way!.

Also interesting to note that all three of the FPO Atkinson’s had the ‘fake’ radiator, offered at the time to save weight.