Help understanding this letter

dozy:

shep532:
The removing of the card and carrying on is falsification of a record and normally results in being warned for prosecution. You should have left the card in, done what you needed then made a written record to ‘excuse’ it. If you’d done that it wouldn’t be a trip to court.

Of course if found guilty you will almost certainly also receive a suspension from a TC. I am sure the operator has already had a visit regarding this but that may be a visit to a TC if you are found guilty.

The magistrate will only pass it onto Crown court if they feel unable to deal with it due to technicalities (they don’t understand the charge) or they feel the maximum penalty they can issue isn’t sufficient (£2500) whereas The Crown court can go for £5000 or a custodial sentence as far as I know.

I would say with your one falsification offence it’ll stay at Magistrates and if you come across as honest and it really was a mistake it’ll be £450 ish. Of course DVSA will push for more

Unfortunately drivers just don’t seem to realise that taking the card out and carrying on is far more serious than the offence they’d commit with the card still in.

I would highly recommend you get legal help. Maybe your house insurance may cover it? Some do.

Thanks , a case if only I could turn the clock back , but of course I can’t , and the worst thing is I’ve always written on a printout , but frustration , madness took over for 8/9 mins and now 8 months later it’s still ongoing and I guess will still be ongoing at the end of court with a chat with the commissioner not far behind it , then who knows .
But yea card goes in Monday and never commes out until Friday/sat , but still have kittens when sent into tip with a couple hrs too spare , never take card out but don’t want to be in a position of having too write on a printout after going over my hours , ta

The answer to this is in your own hands, no one is going to die if they don’t get the load until tomorrow. The decision about where tonight’s parking is going to be comes before whether there is going to be time to get back there after tipping if you unload today. So just tell whoever you work for that it won’t arrive until the next day.