Retina Detachment

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

damoq:
Went for my operation on Monday and it seemed to go well. Was put out under a general anaesthetic. I got the cryo-buckle surgery. I thought it would be really sore afterwards but it wasn’t. Only uncomfortable at times. Only taken 4 paracetamol since the op. Double vision was horrible though, but i was told this would happen. Its almost gone but still got blurred vision in my eye. Part of this is down to the buckle and the drops I’ve got to keep putting in my eye to keep the pupil dilated during the recovery. I thankfully haven’t had to posture due to where the detachment was. Going back to Gartnavel Hospital on Monday for a check up with the surgeon who done the op. Only then will i get a better idea of weather I’ve got the small piece of sight back that i lost and what it will mean long term. Hopefully enough to keep my license.
Thanks to everyone for posting their experiences of retinal detachment and your outcomes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to do the posture for a week. Only allowed ten minuites out of every hour to where I could go to the big, have something to eat or knock a ham shank out :laughing:
I had to lay on my side for the full week, luckily for me it was on the same side as I would be facing the tv in bed. I went through a [zb] load of tv box sets I tell you :wink: :smiley:

Only things I got told was to keep my eye clean and put the drops in when I’m supposed to. Relax as much as possible. No lifting anything heavy and no strenuous exercise or activities.
I’m not one for strenuous exercise anyway and the Mrs isn’t one for demanding strenuous activities in bed, so I’m easily managing to follow the doctors orders. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk